Urgent Help Needed... Gumpaste Problem!!

Decorating By Pama2d Updated 10 May 2008 , 12:01am by mssweetie24

Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 6

Hi fellow CC's..... I your help. Does anyone know if there is a way to "QUICKLY" dry gumpaste? I made my loops and hung them on Tuesday, yesterday I put the bow together, but my loops are still somewhat soft. HELP... the cake is due tomorrow morning and I don't know that it's going to hold up.

5 replies
butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 6

i've heard you can put them in a cold oven with just the light on, but i'm not sure how long that takes to dry.

adobewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adobewife Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 6

You can also use a food dehydrator if you know someone who has one. The aren't very expensive. I saw them at Walmart for about $35

angienajjar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angienajjar Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 6

yes, put them in the oven, and put on the light....it should dry pretty quickly, as in overnight.....

YanYan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YanYan Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 6

i guess you can try using the 'cool' setting on your hair dryer

even better if you can borrow a large hooded dryer like the ones in a salon but portable

you can put the gumpaste accents under there and leave it for an extended period

mssweetie24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mssweetie24 Posted 10 May 2008 , 12:01am
post #6 of 6

I always place my fondant pieces in the oven to dry faster. I preheat my oven and then once it is preheated I turn it off and place my gumpaste things on a cookie sheet line with wax paper and turn the oven light on. I saw how to do this in a thread from here at CC it works great when you need items to dry quickly. Hope that helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%