Contacting Bride Day Before Wedding?

Business By ladybug03 Updated 9 May 2008 , 7:09pm by vdrsolo

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:54am
post #1 of 8

Should I call my bride to see if she is okay w/me making a minor change to the accent ribbons on her cake? The wedding is this Saturday (today is, well, almost Friday). OR Should I just say it's creative intuition...the thin sheer ribbons do not look good and I think I should use a wider satin ribbon on the gumpaste bouquets. What do you think?

TIA

7 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:12am
post #2 of 8

I would absolutely call her. If you don't she may be expenting one thing and disappointed when she gets the other. Even if she wouldn't notice or realize the difference, I would let her know. And I would not charge extra since you are the one making the change.

ladybug03 Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:36am
post #3 of 8

Thanks! I guess that was kind of a dumb question...that's what happens with too much cake in the house and working past midnight!! LOL! Anyway...I shot her an email and will call if I don't hear back in the a.m.

Nice to "meet" another KC cake gal!

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:18am
post #4 of 8

I agree. I had to make a slight change 2 days before a wedding and the bride was fine with it. Better to know then to be surprised on your wedding day.

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:27pm
post #5 of 8

I have in my contract that minor changes may be made upon my discretion. They aren't hiring you just for a good tasting cake but for your skill as a decorator. I'm not saying you shouldn't call her, but maybe talk about these "little" things at the beginning when she is ordering her cake. The stress level for a bride is so high the week of her wedding, I've just never wanted to contribute to that!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:02pm
post #6 of 8

Ditto ladybug!!! I always get so excited when I 'meet' another KC caker!

SweetConfectionsChef - that's a good idea to include a minor changes clause in the contract! That's a very smart thing to do, because as ladybug has experienced something we don't know things until we are about to do them.

ladybug03 Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 8

A minor changes clause...perfect! That's exactly what I was wishing I had when this snafu came up! Well, another thing to squeeze in the contract.

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetConfectionsChef

I have in my contract that minor changes may be made upon my discretion. They aren't hiring you just for a good tasting cake but for your skill as a decorator. I'm not saying you shouldn't call her, but maybe talk about these "little" things at the beginning when she is ordering her cake. The stress level for a bride is so high the week of her wedding, I've just never wanted to contribute to that!

I agree, I have this same thing in my contract as well......that I have the right to make minor changes as well. It's not like you are changing the complete design...just the ribbon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%