Baking By summerolivia Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 12:52pm by aswartzw

maryj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryj Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:56am
post #31 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by shisharka

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdot

... so I think my next venture will be to try IMBC... any pointers or recipes?

If you hadnât tried SMBC, Iâd highly recommend that in place of IMBC. Two reasons â easier to make (imo) and the egg whites are pasteurized for sure, which I question in the IMBC. They ultimately taste the same on a cake, the same ingredients, just a different process of mixing them. Here is the easiest, tastiest SMBC recipe and how-to, it is the only one I use ever since I discovered it â and it can be flavored with anything and everything:

BTW, I just ordered some Crème Bouquet after reading about it for the last few months on here, so I canât wait to try it!

How do you color smbc, I loved the flavor of it( I added raspberry chmborgue as flavoring YUMMY) but I tried to color with gel coloring, just by hand in a seperate bowl, and all it did was break apart. Got any ideas?

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:52pm
post #32 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj

How do you color smbc, I loved the flavor of it( I added raspberry chmborgue as flavoring YUMMY) but I tried to color with gel coloring, just by hand in a seperate bowl, and all it did was break apart. Got any ideas?

I've never had any problems with it. If you start a new post, I guarantee you'll get the help you need and more people will see it. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%