How To Make A Fondant Dog With Aine2

Decorating By aine2 Updated 15 Sep 2014 , 6:22pm by JackieK84

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 38

I had to do the little video in 2 parts as I couldn't make this dog quick enough to fit into a 10 minute slot! icon_lol.gif I'm rubbish with a camera so sorry about the end bit when it appears a bit like "where's the dog!" hahaha! If the video is not so great, I'll swipe it and do it again at a later date when I have more time. I hope it lets you see the basics anyway. Cheers! thumbs_up.gif

part 2

37 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 38

Yippeee!!!!! I had so much fun making the teddy bear, can't wait to see this one. Thank you for taking the time to make these videos. They are perfect, you cover all the steps and listening to you talk is more soothing than a footrub and a Xanax combined! icon_smile.gif

Ok, that sounded weird but was totally meant as a compliment. icon_lol.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 38

. . . aine2 . . . you are the best . . . thanx for sharing your talents thumbs_up.gif

aine2 Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 38

You're far too nice to me, you really are! The lighting in the video is awful and my camera work leaves a lot to be desired! icon_confused.gif As long as you're happy, that's the main thing! thumbs_up.gif

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

Yippeee!!!!! I had so much fun making the teddy bear, can't wait to see this one. Thank you for taking the time to make these videos. They are perfect, you cover all the steps and listening to you talk is more soothing than a footrub and a Xanax combined! icon_smile.gif

Ok, that sounded weird but was totally meant as a compliment. icon_lol.gif

LOL for me too! My kids (6,5,2) love to watch her tutorials!

I haven't watched it yet but I am so going to!!! Yeah! THANKS!!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by aine2

You're far too nice to me, you really are! The lighting in the video is awful and my camera work leaves a lot to be desired! icon_confused.gif As long as you're happy, that's the main thing! thumbs_up.gif

We keep watching you for your sugar work, not your camera work!! icon_biggrin.gif

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 38

Aine2, Thank you for the tutorial! I love watching yours. I really need this for a cake I'm doing next weekend! It's not got dogs, but it will help me with other animals.

Thanks again for the tutorials!

Dee1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee1219 Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:50pm
post #8 of 38

OMG Annie you are one of my favorites!! Thank you for posting this stuff so we that are not fortunate to take a class from you at least get to learn some stuff!! You are amazing! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 38

THANK YOU so much!!!

That video is AWESOME!!

You are SO talented!

And I have to agree...I do love listening to you, LOL

icon_biggrin.gif

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:05pm
post #10 of 38

Your puppy is adorable! I always enjoy watching your videos, you make everything look so easy. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us. icon_biggrin.gif

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:11pm
post #11 of 38

you make it look so easy! thanks so much for the video!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:13pm
post #12 of 38

I was just wondering what I would have to change to make hime a "happy" dog?? move the eyebrows, maybe??

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:23pm
post #13 of 38

Ooh! Yay! I love your tutorials! Thanks for sharing this! You're so talented! icon_biggrin.gif Can't wait for your workshop in October!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

aine2 Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:23pm
post #14 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

I was just wondering what I would have to change to make hime a "happy" dog?? move the eyebrows, maybe??

Start again! icon_lol.gif Actually, you're right. If you move the eyes close together too you will get more of a cartoon expression and also make the black circles in the eyes a bit smaller too. Raising the eyebrows to meet in the middle gives a fun expression. Just play around with it and see what you come up with...a whole new breed of cartoon dog! thumbs_up.gif Also, I didn't have time to put a little white dot on the black of the eye. This makes a big difference so remember to do it yourself. thumbs_up.gif

jnet72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnet72 Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:25pm
post #15 of 38

Thank you so much! I wish I didn't have to go pick up my daughter so I could watch right now! I know it's going to be great, like all the rest!

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:37pm
post #16 of 38

Thank you anie its great and just in time for a cake I have to do next month with a dog on it.

TejasRebel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TejasRebel Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:37pm
post #17 of 38

What a cutie!!! I'll be trying that one for cakes for my tracking club.

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:40pm
post #18 of 38

Ahhh, he is such a cute puppy! Thanks for this. You are GREAT!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:42pm
post #19 of 38

THANKS! I've made dogs before, but not half as cute as that. Your amazing, and fast! I love all of the tutorials!

cakeflake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:45pm
post #20 of 38

Aine- you are so amazing!! I love to watch you make your little critters! Thanks for sharing with all of us. I can't wait to make my own now- you make it look so easy. icon_smile.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #21 of 38

As soon as I saw aine2's name I knew the video would be wonderful and sure enough it is! This is one talented lady. I absolutely love her work!!

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:21pm
post #22 of 38

Oh my goodness. Your dog is so darn cute! How do you come up with these things? I'm jealous. Just kidding. I love your accent too. So soothing. Please keep the tutorials coming.

ladyteej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyteej Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:35pm
post #23 of 38

I love your videos. Thanks for posting.

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:38pm
post #24 of 38

Woo Hoo! You rock! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Mothersuperior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mothersuperior Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:01pm
post #25 of 38

From one dog lover to another, thank you. He is just too cute and you are just too kind. Thank you as always for sharing.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:04pm
post #26 of 38

thank you anine, for this great tutorial..... i have to make a poodle, the last of june..... i guess i can start with this.... and go on from there , the best i can... ha! .... yeah!.....right! anyway i am going to try.... i watch all your free ones.... and i bought your on-line ones...... love them

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:09pm
post #27 of 38

Lorraine dear, you are so special. Thank you for this wonderful tutorial, as always everything is so clear.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 May 2008 , 10:53am
post #28 of 38

Thanks a lot for another great video. You are such a wonderful person Lorraine.

Your work is fantastic as ever

THANK YOU! icon_smile.gif

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:17pm
post #29 of 38

that is just too cute...thanks so much for taking the time to share your talent with us!

aine2 Posted 11 May 2008 , 6:41pm
post #30 of 38

Thank you everybody! thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%