Where Has All The Customer Service Gone?!?!

Decorating By vteventrider Updated 8 May 2008 , 1:30pm by manahigh

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 7 May 2008 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 4

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I needed to channel my anger into a post or go ballistic!

So we move into a new house in Nov and I notice that the ovens are baking wierd. I call KitchenAid and they send out a repair man who tells me that they work fine and the problem is that I don't know how to cook or bake. So I call KitchenAid back and say I want a new repair man who will actually look at the problem.

So they send this new company out who says yep the problem is the temperature probes and control panel are messed up and they order a new part. So after waiting for hours today he finally shows up to put in the new part and breaks my oven worse so now it won't even turn on. I asked how he was going to fix it and he said he would come out another day when he had time! I told him, but the oven at least turned on before you were here and now it is completely broken so fix it at least to where I can turn it on. He then tells me he did not break it but disconnected a lead and lost it in the oven somewhere. So I call to speak to his manager and I asked him what do I do with the roast in my fridge that needs to be cooked or it spoils and he says food won't spoil in the fridge. I told him that is sure does spoil and I wanted someone out to fix what they messed up. He told me they would come out at their convenience and since I was a college graduate that I should be resourceful enough to figure out some other way to make dinner for my family and should have the money to buy something else.

So I call KA back and file a complaint and the are floored that this manager said this to me and they will not use this company again. They have a new company coming out tomorrow to fix the connection problem by taking apart the oven, but then we will still have the temp probe problem.

I mean really how hard is it to provide good customer service? I am not talking the PITA clients but if a service provider breaks something they should have to fix it ASAP! Sorry this is so long but I about threw a skillet at the guy so I figured I better vent here.

3 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:33am
post #2 of 4

customer service is really a problem in a lot of places. they actually have a class for military members on customer service. people really need to get back to helping others.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:08am
post #3 of 4

I think you showed great restraint in not throwing the skillet! icon_lol.gif Sounds like KA was pretty shocked right along with you.

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 4

I am so sorry this happened to you. I am sure you are having to deal with KA because the appliances are under warranty. Hopefully you will get some satisfaction soon.

When I had a problem with my oven just before Christmas and was having a panic attack because I needed to bake Christmas cookies, my husband said to look in the phone book and call around to see who could come the soonest and what their rates were. I happened upon a guy who worked out of his home by himself. He wasn't the cheapest but he was able to come out the next day. He was polite, efficient and even cleaned up after himself. You can believe I kept his business card and will call him again whenever I have appliance troubles.
If anyone in Baton Rouge would like his name and number, pm me.

I think the key to improving customer service is to voice our complaints everytime we feel we do not receive the service we expect. Too often we complain to each other about poor service and not to business owners. Yes it will take time but nothing will change until we do this

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%