Wonder Who's Making Jenna Bush's Wedding Cake? Anyone Know?

Decorating By DebraJ Updated 12 May 2008 , 2:11am by Rincewind

deestress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deestress Posted 11 May 2008 , 7:58pm
post #31 of 63

Hi everyone,

CNN website under politics has some photos of the wedding.
Wait till you see the cake.....is it me or is the top layer tilting.
I really would like to know who did it......

I must admit...I expected something different....well I guess more.
D

SeattleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeattleCakes Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:07pm
post #32 of 63

is it just me or is that cake really leaning?

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:13pm
post #33 of 63

If that is what they wanted then it is most beautiful for them. And the bride absolutely gorgeous! I prefer conservative and elegant myself.

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:14pm
post #34 of 63

Very simple and elegant cake....the top tier is a lil funky...

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:18pm
post #35 of 63

It looks like a slight attempt at an "off Kilter" kind of cake. Under the cake on the one side are a few blue flowers. Im assuming they were put there on purpose so the top tier was tilted. Its a very elegant looking cake.And I loved her dress!

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:19pm
post #36 of 63

Looks like it was a beautiful, simply elegant wedding. Not sure if its the angle of the picture, but it does look a little off. It is very pretty though. Love to know what their cake decorator was paid/.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:22pm
post #37 of 63

i was thinking the same thing about the cake and the top tier leaning..but then i got to thinking that it may be purposeful, like the crooked cakes that have a styrofoam block underneath them (like my avatar photo). it looks like it is propped up under those flowers which look a bit different than the other floral bunches. maybe there was a monogram or something on the front that needed attention, hence the added umph ?

not my style, but to each his own. bet it tasted great though!!!

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:23pm
post #38 of 63

I think the cake was beautiful - did you notice the detail work on the tiers? Very simple, but beautiful! (I hope it is just the pic that makes that top tier look funky - would love to see another view....) Her bridal gown was the same - simple, but beautiful.
Best wishes to the happy couple...

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:24pm
post #39 of 63

Yea, it's leaning slightly. I think they were trying to make it that way though because it's just the top layer and if you look closely the flowers are tucked underneath it. I'm just surprised that it was so simple. I thought that there would be at least some detail. Oh, well it is nice and she did look very nice too. I think the white house has their own chef that caters to all of the events they have but I'm not sure.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deestress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deestress Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:29pm
post #41 of 63

I agree...Jenna is beautiful! She has such a REAL girl next door look about her.

As to the cake....I like the idea/design....I am a little disappointed by the execution or lack of technique. Maybe I am a little too critical...but this is the President's daughter and the wedding photos are going to be ALL over the world.

Yes, as another posted stated...aas long as the bride is happy, that really all that matters.
D

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:35pm
post #42 of 63

ooh, I love her dress it's so beautiful!!!!!!!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:40pm
post #43 of 63

Here's the cake.... don't know who made it...
LL

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #44 of 63

I love her dress - it's was so gorgeous!! I think the cake was beautiful too - very simple but very elegant which seems to be what she was aiming for.

AmazingGraceCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmazingGraceCakes Posted 11 May 2008 , 8:44pm
post #45 of 63

I think the cake was beautiful and elegant, wish they had more pictures of it.
Jenna looked beautiful.
Congratulations to President Bush and family! We love you!!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:49pm
post #46 of 63

It's a beautiful cake BUT, if you are making a cake for the President's daughter, that cake damn well better be straight!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:49pm
post #47 of 63

Actually, 'we' don't. icon_evil.gif

She looks very natural, not like an overly made-up meringue, like most brides. Her hair is really cute, just pulled back like that!

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:53pm
post #48 of 63

I wish I had a better photo program to see who delivered the cake. The magnet on the back of the van says WEdding Cake delivery in progress. I can't see the name.
LL

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:57pm
post #49 of 63

Actually, it is pretty obvious that the top tier is MEANT to be off-kilter.

I mean, if it wasn't MEANT to be crooked, it wouldn't be THAT crooked, only a little off-kilter, not really noticable.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 11 May 2008 , 10:06pm
post #50 of 63

Those wedding pictures are gorgeous! Lucky girl.

I'm not 100% sold on the top layer being purposely off kilter. It seems a little unusual to ONLY make one layer crooked. The rest of the cake is aligned, so maybe a little something happened along the way. Lord knows, I've had enough happen to me en route to catering events.

At first I thought it looked crooked because of the placement of the flowers around to top tier, but I'm not sure now. If it were my wedding cake, I would not have been happy with the placement of the flowers.

In any event, the cake looks a lot better than any of mine ever have, or will look. I bet it tasted good, too.

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 11 May 2008 , 10:21pm
post #51 of 63

I too think that the cake was just beautiful! I did not like the off set top tier... but that style is not for everyone. I thought it was just a really soft and pretty cake... much like the whole wedding soft and pretty!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 11 May 2008 , 10:21pm
post #52 of 63

My fav photo so far to surface is that of she and President Bush.... it is a gorgeous photo. The cake is pretty too. I am happy they kept it so low key..... she deserved a nice quiet wedding and not a bunch of hooplah, especially during such a rough time in their family life...so it was a beautiful day for a lovely family icon_smile.gif

P.S. don't let other political views take over our website please icon_smile.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 11 May 2008 , 10:49pm
post #53 of 63

" especially during such a rough time in their family life"

What rough time..... did I miss something ?

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 11 May 2008 , 10:56pm
post #54 of 63

no you didn't miss anything, I just mean a politically rough time.. I am sure it is impactful on the entire family.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:05pm
post #55 of 63

They all look so happy, the cake is very pretty & I am sure the top tier is meant to lean as there are flowers underneath, I do hope we get to see the front of it.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:42pm
post #56 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

P.S. don't let other political views take over our website please icon_smile.gif

sorry... but "other" views? Other than "everybody is great all the time. hes the president and I support him no matter what"?

I agree that if I opened up the site and there were more posts about politics than cake I'd be annoyed.... but as is its very little and I think its just fine. We all have different views and can post as we see fit. If it is ok to post support, it is ok to post dissent.

I have to say, I do agree with most of chutzpah's posts and especially her signature line icon_smile.gif

ok ok all done now.

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:48pm
post #57 of 63

The photo is too light on my screen. Can someone tell me what is on the sides of the cake?

No politics, no religion, just cake. Jenna is a beautiful woman on what I am sure is one of the most special days of her life. I am happy for her, and her parents, who on this day, are just a father and mother who love their little girl. If they are like me, they are wondering where all the years went...

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:55pm
post #58 of 63

There is another topic on CC about the cake, etc.

It's hard to see the cake, but Jenna looked beautiful!!
I would have thought her to be a fancier dress, but what she has is so pretty!! I'm so happy she chose to be married where she did and have it the way she wanted. You go Jenna!!
My daughter said the photos are up on the net all over, but I haven't checked yet. I'm so happy for her!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 12 May 2008 , 12:28am
post #59 of 63

It is a beautiful cake though and she was a beautiful bride. Regardless of our political views, I think Brides no matter who their folks are should be hands off. Their parents chose to be in politics not them.
I do wonder what the crooked tier is for but maybe it's a special secret to the couple. Maybe he made her a cake once and it was crooked or vice versa.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 12 May 2008 , 12:53am
post #60 of 63

Houston caterer Jackson Hicks and his team provided the three-course meal â a crabmeat tower appetizer, a steak and potatoes main course and wedding cake for dessert. The cake was not the soaring extravaganza typical of White House weddings; it was a simple but lovely confection, we were told.

This is a quote from the Houston Chronicle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%