My 1St Wedding Cake!

Decorating By boomerangbakerkaren Updated 6 May 2008 , 12:01pm by peg818

boomerangbakerkaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boomerangbakerkaren Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:49am
post #1 of 2

I'm thrilled to have my 1st wedding cake this weekend, but would love some experienced thoughts about something. The reception is outside under a tent. The forcast so far is 70 degrees. I'll be icing the cakes with a swiss mer. BC. Will this hold up OK sitting on a table for 4 hours prior to being cut. Also, just out of curiosity, I always use this swiss mer. BC recipe and have the cake done the night before and leave it unrefrigerated in a corugated cardboard box. So far have had no complaints from customers regarding taste, etc. Does anyone refrigerate their cakes made from this type of icing? How far ahead has anyone iced a cake before the event? I'm extemely nervous about this cake because I will also be attending the wedding and have to watch everyone eat it and see their reactions. Pray for me!

1 reply
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:01pm
post #2 of 2

I have never used this icing, but if you can, refrigerate overnight so that the cake is good and cold, it should buy you extra time for the cake to sit out.

Personally every time i do an outside wedding with a soft icing i worry about the bugs that are bound to get into the icing, and always warn of this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%