Sugar Printing?? How?

Decorating By Bigbearswife Updated 5 May 2008 , 10:45pm by ibmoser

Bigbearswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bigbearswife Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 4

I want to include the USMC seal, the NAVY seal and mu husbands Unti Logo on his Iraq Homcoming Cake, but i know i am not artistic enough to draw them. how can i get them onto the cake. I've heard of Sugar Printing on paper that you can eat but i have no idea on how to do this.

Help usaribbon.gif

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 5 May 2008 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 4

You have to have a dedicated printer for printing edible art. However, the technique for frozen buttercream transfers might work for you. the instructions are in the articles section

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 5 May 2008 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 4

at in store bakery will do it for you and ask if they have a take them the picture, it usually costs from 5 to 10 bucks.

you can have it done online too...i can't remember who does it tho.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 4

Check out First Impression Molds for military insignia molds

You'll still need the unit logo in an edible image, but the 3-D seals are nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%