I Wanna Help! Good Idea??? (Short)

Decorating By YanYan Updated 4 May 2008 , 5:46am by YanYan

YanYan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YanYan Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:10am
post #1 of 5

Okay I am 21 and a Jamaican student finishing uni and exams icon_cry.gif oh the stress

So i really don't have time to bake. But I have been learning about cakes for the past 2 years and have made only one so far icon_redface.gif

I really like to think big when designing and I have quite a good number of detailed sketches that I can't implement. I have no books and have attended no classes so I am limited by severe lack of technique skills (and confidence icon_redface.gif )

I was wondering if I start posting sketches for ppl to pick apart, tweak or to use as is or to build their own desigh if it would be welcome??
Thnks icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:26am
post #2 of 5

I'm sure your designs would be most welcome -- you could post them in the templates section .... If you are not sure of how to do one specific design a good person to get in touch with is Doug... He is great at saying this is how this cake would work...

Your ideas are most welcome - Post away!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:28am
post #3 of 5

I agree - post away! icon_smile.gif The way I look at it is some people sew the dresses and other people design them.........

biancas_mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biancas_mommy Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:41am
post #4 of 5

i've seen posts where people have the opposite problem...they have decorating skills but no creative talent. icon_smile.gif for some of us coming up with the ideas is the hardest part. so i'm sure if you were generous enough to share your talent for design and allow people to use them...well, you'd have lots of grateful people! so i say go for it, post away. but i hope you find the time after you're done with school to start learning the skills to implement your designs! and feel free to ask questions...there's no better place to learn cake decorating than here, as far as i'm concerned.

YanYan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YanYan Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:46am
post #5 of 5

thanks nikki , cake diva and bianca's mommy

i'll definitely have to contact doug

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%