How Can I Do Embroidery Painting

Decorating By mashmellow Updated 4 May 2008 , 4:52pm by mashmellow

mashmellow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mashmellow Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 8

Hi can somebody tell me how to do embroidery painting on cakes, i wll appreciate your help.

7 replies
ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 3 May 2008 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 8

Hi mm...
You basically outline a piping line (section at a time)with a number two or three tube (depending on the effect) and then use a paint brush dampened lightly in water to feather the line in toward the center of the section. hth -cp

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 3 May 2008 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmellow

Hi can somebody tell me how to do embroidery painting on cakes, i wll appreciate your help.

I am assuming this is what you are referring to. Take a look at this URL.

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/brush.cfm

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 3 May 2008 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the info on this subject!

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 3 May 2008 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 8

I actually bought a book from wilton that shows how to do it. I attempted it on my mothers day cake and I pulled the color in too far. I also bought icing writers which now I wish I had used my own b/c. The icing writers are too unpredictable

confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 3 May 2008 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 8

Just make sure when you are feathering the icing (RI works best I think), "drag" your brush from the middle of the piped line inward only so you have an outer edge to it. And, too, don't let your brush be too wet or the icing will smear.

If you work with RI, make sure to pipe a small section then brush it out before moving on so the RI won't dry out before you brush it.

It's time consuming but it looks beautiful when you're finished. It took me about 10 hours to do mine. It also helps to pinprick your design onto the fondant so you know exactly where to pipe.

HTH

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:13pm
post #7 of 8

I love the painted embroidery design in Peggy Porchen (spelled correctly i hope??). I haven't tried it yet, but her instructions are very good. Basically the same as what's been written above icon_smile.gif

mashmellow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mashmellow Posted 4 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 8

thank you so much to all of you, girls, I really appreciate your help.CC gals are a beautiful bunch.I will try it in a mother's day cake, for my mom.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%