Dipped/stuffed Strawberry Timeline Help...

Decorating By Starkie Updated 2 May 2008 , 1:14pm by HerBoudoir

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 3

I am making cheesecake stuffed, chocolate dipped strawberries for a client. She wants them anytime next week, and I was aiming for Monday. I plan to pick the strawberries today, but I am ignorant on fruits and chocolate and such. Here are my questions:

1. If I pick them today, do I refrigerate them until I need them, or leave them out on the counter?
2. If I stuff them with cheesecake on Sunday, can I dip them in chocolate on Sunday and refrigerate them until Monday, or will the chocolate bloom in the fridge?
3. The last dipped strawberries I made, the berries got weepy in the fridge after I dipped them. How can I prevent this? (They were storebought berries, though, and my have been at the end of their usefulness...)

Thanks so much on any answers you can provide!!!

<Starkie>

2 replies
lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 3

I don't like to refrigerate mine, it seems like the start wilting and loosing their flavor. I have tried to refrigerate mine after putting chocolate on them and the started to "sweat" I have never heard of stuffed strawberries, but it sounds delicious! I would think making them late Sunday and refrigerating them only the time they need to be refrigerated is your best bet. Or maybe get a cooler and lots of ice and place them on top but keep the lid open? I don't know if that would help or not. Sorry I'm not too much help.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:14pm
post #3 of 3

You need to refrigerate strawberries, otherwise they go downhill very quickly.

We used to make trays of dipped berries at a restaurant that I worked at. They really do not have a long shelf life - about 24 to 36 hours after they are dipped, they need to be eaten or trashed. If the berries are exceptionally fresh (and not overripe) then they'll last a smidgen longer.

The "weepy" part just means that they're on their last legs.

I would find out when your clent needs them, and do them as close to that as possible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%