3D Mooriachi Cow From Cows On Parade

Decorating By sassycleo Updated 1 May 2008 , 9:13pm by Doug

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:32am
post #1 of 5

So I have a request to create a 3D Mooriachi cow from Cows on Parade. They want it to serve 30.

I don't even know where to begin with this. Would I love to do it? Yes, Would I love to tell the client that? Yes - but how on earth?!? and how on earth do I price it??? Here is a picture .... Please any and all suggests pretty please!!!!

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Alicia
LL

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:01am
post #2 of 5

first build a firm base using four wooden dowels as support legs...

these would get glued and screwed to a strong piece of plywood at appropriate angels to the splay of the cow's legs. the plywood would be cut to the outline of the general shape of the cow at the point the board will be

then add a front support for neck and head -- this would be a long shaped board (narrow at snout and wide at body) supported by both dowels screwed and glued -- and I would add a metal bracket for extra insurance (the bright blue lines) since it is such a cantilever design.

now lay on w/ RKT (orange areas) and then put at least 3 layers of cake (the brown area -- (hey it has to be CHOCOLATE cake right -- after all it is a Mexican cake and they did gift the world with chocolate and it would be even more fun to make it a cinnamon chocolate cake (spice that cow up -- just like Mexican chocolate is sometimes)) and then carve the shape of the cow.

deco in BC or fondant and add gumpaste hat, horns and guitar.
LL

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:35am
post #3 of 5

Doug

I'm sure you've heard this a million times but your awesome! The directions you have given are so detailed but lord I don't know if I can do this let alone know what in the heck to charge for something like this...... Anyone have Duff's number?,...lol

I wonder if anyone can suggest what should be charged now seeing what you have provided as far as build.....

Anyone?

Thanks
Alicia

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 5

I'd say minimum $150-200

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 May 2008 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 5

for this, I'd be so bold as to ask $300!!!...

that's lots of custom building and the sculpting...

but oh lordy, that's nothing compared to creating the sombrero, the guitar and a mariachi suit for a cow!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%