Another Great Use For Butavan

Baking By blackice Updated 3 May 2008 , 1:59am by blackice

blackice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blackice Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 9

So my family was craving french toast for dinner tonight, so I added 1 tsp of Butavan to the egg/milk/cinnamon mixture instead of the vanilla and it was wonderful!!! It has a real buttery taste and every last piece of french toast was gobbled up! thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 9

Ok that's it, now I have to buy some of this and the Creme bouquet everyone is always talking about, can you please tell me where to buy these, do they carry them in regular stores or do you have to order? Thanks for the idea, my family loves french toast icon_biggrin.gif

Chrisi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisi Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 9

OOooohhh yum-o, I haven't had french toast in sooo long. I will be trying this recipe. Thanks. thumbs_up.gif

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 9

Never seen these for sale locally! Where's the best place to buy them?

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 9

What is Butavan?

blackice Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:10am
post #6 of 9

I purchased mine at earlenescakes.com. I ordered the 8oz size for $4.50 just to try it out, I will be ordering more since I've used it all up!!! Her web site explains that Butavan is a buttery/vanilla plus emulsion that is thick and very strong flavoring. Used instead of vanilla. Check out her website.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:22am
post #7 of 9

I used Magic Line brand Butter Vanilla in some french toast a while ago! It is a great use for emulsions.

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:25am
post #8 of 9

Blackice, thanks for the info! Only problem is that the more sites I visit the more stuff I want to buy! I'm going to have to get a second job at this rate...or maybe I should sell cakes!!!

blackice Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:59am
post #9 of 9

I know what you mean. Seems like everyday someone it talking about a new gadget or ingredient to try out. I love all the info though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%