New Supply Website

Decorating By fabfour Updated 1 May 2008 , 6:13pm by veejaytx

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 12

The other night I was searching for the best price on fat daddio cake pans. I came arcoss a website it is www.fondantsource.com I don't know if anyone has seen it or not but the prices are great! I bought (all fat daddio) a 6" round, 8" round. 10" round, 12" round, 8" square and 12" square. It came to $37.64 plus UPS shipping of $14.21 and grand total of $51.85. You can even pay with Paypal. I ordered on Monday, within an hour I had a tracking number and it will be here on Friday. They also have the magic line brand of pans and wilton. There is a lot that says they are out of stock, I emailed them and they are just starting up and are getting items in all the time. They are even getting the SPS, he said he has an order coming in next week. I saw they have Satin Ice as well for those of you who use that.
I hope I'm not jumping the gun by telling you all that this is a great supply company when I haven't gotten my order yet, but as of right now it seems to be very good. I'll update when I get my order on Friday.

Have a Great day!

Missy

11 replies
fabfour Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 12

I don't know why it changed the website that I posted. It was not globalsugarart, while I do buy stuff from there it was not the site I was talking about. Try this...

http://www.fondantsource.com/

Again it has changed the site... This is ticking me off a little. I thought CC was to share ideas, techniques and sources. I don't like it that I can't share with you all a different place to shop.

Anywho, if you want to know the site just PM me and I'll be happy to tell you.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 12

That website is blocked and changes when you type it because lots of CC members have had lots of problems with the company.

Editing to add...good luck with your order.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 12

There are only a couple of websites who are blocked from the forum and that is either due to legal issues or spamming violations.

We do encourage you to share ideas and we do not have any problem with discussing vendors other than global sugar art.

beverlyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beverlyanne Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 12

Ok, now I'm totally confused; I didn't think that the Global Sugar Art website was taboo; in fact they advertise on this site. I thought that sugarcraft.com was the problematic suppler. Can someone please sort this one out for me. I've always had a very pleasant experience with Global Sugar Art; Alan has always been very helpful and their service is terrific.

Bev

AuntAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntAndrea Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by beverlyanne

Ok, now I'm totally confused; I didn't think that the website was taboo; in fact they advertise on this site. I thought that .com was the problematic suppler. Can someone please sort this one out for me. I've always had a very pleasant experience with ; Alan has always been very helpful and their service is terrific.

Bev

Bev,

Global Sugar Art is fabulous icon_biggrin.gif -- we have NO problem with them. In fact, I just got my latest order delivered from them the other day!! thumbs_up.gif

It's the other "site that shall not be named" that is being blocked that we had issues with. tapedshut.gif

Make sense?
...Andrea

beverlyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beverlyanne Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

There are only a couple of websites who are blocked from the forum and that is either due to legal issues or spamming violations.

We do encourage you to share ideas and we do not have any problem with discussing vendors other than .

I totally understand what you are saying, Andrea; what I'm referring to is Heath's post.

fabfour Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:47pm
post #8 of 12

Please no one take this the wrong way I am just confused I guess for lack of better word. I am not down grading CC at all I love this site, I'm here all the time but...

Okay, if we are here for sharing ideas, asking questions, and telling our experiences. Wouldn't sharing our good and bad experiences with suppliers but nice to know. I mean, if I would have known that certain site had issues, then maybe I wouldn't have ordered from them. I value everyones opinions and experiences you all have. I know that there was one site that we were all told about that had issues with us and I haven't ordered from them since. I know we can't slander, but if we were able to post our "experiences" not our "feelings" about a certain site then that would be so benefial to everyone. Specially if I paid $50 for stuff that doesn't come.

Missy[/quote]

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:01pm
post #9 of 12

I think perhaps what is going on is that everytime you write in the blocked source it changes it to GSA (like an advertisement) I wonder if Heath wrote the blocked source and it replaced it with GSA?

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:13am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

I think perhaps what is going on is that everytime you write in the blocked source it changes it to (like an advertisement) I wonder if Heath wrote the blocked source and it replaced it with ?

correct... if you enter a blocked site, it will sometimes enter the globalsugarart.com link instead. jackie actually wrote that so I am not sure exactly when it is invoked.

YES WE LOVE GLOBALSUGARART! They are a major supporter of CakeCentral and Alan and his team provide fantastic service!

fabfour Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:44pm
post #11 of 12

Just wanted to give an update for those who are interested. I guess I looked at my tracking wrong and my pans were delivered TODAY!!! It came by UPS, the box was a little beat up but that isn't always the company I know I have shipped stuff in a good box and then gotten a response that the box was beat up. It could go either way.

Now for the pans, all are in good condition just as I ordered.

Missy

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:13pm
post #12 of 12

That is great that you got your order all right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%