Beef Stroganoff

Decorating By bransmom Updated 2 May 2008 , 11:13am by vickymacd

bransmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bransmom Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 4

My grandmother just turned 83 and we are having her birthday party Saturday. I made her a flower garden cake last year and wanted to do something fun this year. I wanted to see if anyone had ideas to add to mine. Her favorites are beef stroganoff, baked potatoes & Krispy Kreme donuts. I looked through the galleries and got some ideas, but I wanted to get more thoughts. Let me know. TIA

3 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 4

I made a spaghetti cake (in my photos) that could probably be turned into a beef stroganoff cake, using a wider, flat tip instead of a round tip for the noodles. You could use the meatballs or instead of making them round make them into strips. For the sauce, the spaghetti cake calls for jam but you could probably use a chocolate sauce made with white chocolate and a little but of milk chocolate to acheive a nice beige-ish color.
HTH,
Crissy usaribbon.gif

bransmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bransmom Posted 2 May 2008 , 10:56am
post #3 of 4

Thank you, I tried to picture that in my mind. I think I will make her a baked potato cake. She would really love that.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:13am
post #4 of 4

I'm glad you decided on the baker cake as the stroganoff would have looked like something the dog left or upchucked! That wouldn't have been a pretty cake!
Saw a baked potatoe made out of ice cream. Outside sprinkled with cocoa powder for the brown and butter pats made out of chocolate squares, sour cream was the actual white ice cream. Now you just need the cake! I did see Krispie Kream cakes that were awesome!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%