Per Dozen? Or Per Pound?

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 4:54pm by TexasSugar

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 5

What is the most common way you all are charging for your cake balls/truffles? I love to make them, but have not opted to sell them as an item, all because I am freaking out about how to charge for them...lol.

I make mine using a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop (think the small scoop from Pampered Chef), so they are bite sized. I wonder if I charge for them, I should start making them with the medium size scoop, so people get more "bang for their buck".

Thanks for the help, ladies!!

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 5

Personally I'd charge by dozen with a min of a set number. No point in baking a cake for only a dozen cake balls.

Truffles are usually bite size so I see no need to change the size for that reason, but if you do want to offer the larger you can always give them a choice. Or course the larger ones would cost more too.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 5

I was leaning towards a dozen for $15.00 ($1.25 each). Maybe do some nice gift boxes for $9.95 for 8...hmm, thanks for the tip!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 5

I recommend a price per dozen. If you sell by the pound, the first thing people will ask is "How many are in a pound?"

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 5

Indy, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%