Feeling The Pinch?

Lounge By maryjsgirl Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 9:00pm by tirby

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 6:28pm
post #31 of 37

Hey guys! Check out daveramsey.com
My husband and I live on his budget and plan, which allows me to stay at home and allows us to pay extra on our house. He will change your life.

Also, try Couponmom.com to get great coupons and freebies! Wal-Mart.com gives away free samples all the time. Just type in free samples in the search box and that will get you going! icon_smile.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:28pm
post #32 of 37

I am HORRIBLE! I hate to cook, so we eat out, all the time. the money is just flying out of my purse...I really need to check out the grocery game and develop some new habits..we have 4 kids, so eating out at McDonalds is $35.00 per night. when I add that up.....ouch.
plus I could loose some weight too....
and stop buying my groceries at the convenient store...told you I'm horrible.
I used to be a stay at home mom, and we ate at home then opened the bakery...had extra money and tired from working....developed some nasty/lazy habits.
I'll let you know if the grocery game thing works for me.

melody

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:34pm
post #33 of 37

Ditto the www.daveramsey.com! The man is a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be sure to read his "stupid tax" stories! icon_lol.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:43pm
post #34 of 37

and I've noticed that when I get gas, I am not as pleasant to the workers there...not there fault at all! but I feel so vialated every time I put gas in the tank.

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #35 of 37

Thanks for backing me up Indydebi. icon_smile.gif

There is a deal on his website where you can get his book and Coupon Mom's. It's a GREAT deal!
http://www.daveramsey.com/shop/The_Coupon_Mom_Mega-Bundle_P790C195.cfm

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:23am
post #36 of 37

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! It is really tough now. I did find a lady off of the Rachel Ray show that has a blog to cook every day for a year in her crock pot!
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

She even rates them after she has tried them.

I love Dave Ramsey!! He had his books and other things for $10.00 I have one of his books and bought a kit for the kids to help teach them. I really need to work on that so they don't end up in the same boat!

Melodycakes I am with you I don't enjoy cooking! I have great intentions but am usually grasping at the last minute to figure out dinner. When it is a cake day, usually we are eating something fast food!!
My goal is to do MUCH better!
Thanks again,
Charlotte

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 9:00pm
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

We have been living off of one pot meals revolving around egg noodles, pastas, or rice. icon_biggrin.gif

Beef and noodles
taco noodles
chicken and noodles
chili mac
chicken and rice
dirty rice
spaghetti (throw in cottage cheese for "lasagna" lol)
red beans and rice with smoked sausage

Thankfully my kids are good eaters and eat just about anything I put in front of them.

Thank God for peanut butter and jelly...

We were out of bread and had leftover hot dog buns from camping. So I used them to make pb&j sandwiches, lol. Its all about how you market stuff to kids, lol. They thought it was cool.
thumbs_up.gif

Well beans and rice are GREAT on a budget. We also use cash ONLY when buying our food. No way to overspend We do the one pot mean almost always have. Funny this is all normal to me. Budgeting, finding the best deals, MOST of the time I dont use coupons but really do you see rice coupons? or Nave Bean coupons? NOT usually. We do not buy ready to make box stuff. and if someone doesnt like whats for dinner. Go hungry... I an supose to feed my family healthy not over feed them. So servings matter. one pound of meat is plenty for a family of 5. We have 6 (use to be 7) I just used a pound NO MATTER WHAT. no one is thin no one is sick the tummys are not grumbling... they all are fine. Meatless meals are fine too. We do beans and rice without meat about 3 times a week. Think about how many different kinds of Baens there are. and split paes. What about pasta bakes in tomato sauce and some cottage cheese..(fake lasagna)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%