Renting Space From A Restaurant--What More Is Needed?

Business By beemarie Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm by MnSnow

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:15am
post #1 of 3

My husband was able to do a 'trade' at a restaurant where he plays music in our town. He is a musician and will play music for them for free in exchange for me being able to bake cakes out of their kitchen. It will not be full-time or even part-time. It will just enable me to be able to get the word out that I sell cakes legally. I definitely don't want to be very busy with cakes, as I have 4 young children at home, 7, 5, 3 and 1. I am busy as it is, but wouldn't mind the extra income from time to time. (My husband plays for them for free most of the time anyhow--does it for exposure and tips, so it would not be taking away from what he could bring home to us, either--he would do it probably a bit more if this is something that I pursue).

My question is, since it is a licensed restaurant, is there anything more that I would need to get, like my own license, or anything so I could do this completely legally?

Thanks for any input. I appreciate it!

2 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:22am
post #2 of 3

In most states, you need to be licensed at that location. It is usually fairly easy. The local health inspector can help you.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm
post #3 of 3

Here you have to have be ceritifed in Serv Safe, the dept of ag and the health dept.

Check you sec. of state web site and see what is required.

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%