Need Help With Basket Weave Bassinet

Decorating By lepaz Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 6:50pm by mindywith3boys

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 2

Hello all,
I will be making a basket weave bassinet for a baby-shower but have no clue how to even start one and can not find any directions for this on the forum. Can anyone please help? TIA

1 reply
mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 2

From Wilton

Tip 47

1. Squeeze out a vertical stripe of icing from top to bottom (ridged side up)

2. Squeeze out short horizontal stripes of icing across the vertical stripe starting at the top. Spacing between stripes should be the same as the width of the tip opening. squeeze next vertical stripe over ends of horizontal stripes by burying the tip under the first vertical stripe.
3 Repeat vertical lines the horizontal lines until you achieve effect. Each new set should fit between the previous set.

I know this sounds a little confusing. Just try it. It might take a little practice. But it shouldn't take too long to pick up. I would look over on the Wilton's website if you still can't get it. icon_smile.gif (The first stripe will look like a Capitol I with a bunch of extra "crosses" on it. Then do another Vertical stripe, covering the ends of the horizontal stripes. Then bury tip under first vertical stripe and come across the second vertical stripe and make another I with extra "crosses". The "crosses" should be about an inch or so.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%