I've Been Gone A While

Decorating By gilpnh Updated 11 Jan 2007 , 2:04pm by beachcakes

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 2:35am
post #1 of 11

Hello Frosting Friends!!

With the exception of popping in once in a while to take a peek at at tutorial, I have been absent. a rash of cakes this last week has me "getting the fever" again though. With school starting this last fall and the special needs of my oldest, everything else has fallen by the wayside.

I wanted to thank the member that PMd me to let me know that my House Of Cards Poker Cake made it in this last issue of Mailbox News, way cool.

Also thanx to those members that responded to me yesterday when I had questions about bulging fondant. Wish I had searched those threades BEFORE. As usual, what it looked like at first and how it ended were 2 different things. This is my first complete fondant cake and first attempt at butterflies, was for my DH boss's daughters birthday, DH REALLY wanted me to do a good job on it, I know my flaws, but with most firsts, this was a learning experience. Good to be back. Will post some of the stuff Ive done to the gallery, its been a while.

Tootles.

Heather
LL
LL

10 replies
MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 2:43am
post #2 of 11

Heather, welcome back and a wonderful job on that cake! Wish I could do things like that icon_eek.gif

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 2:51am
post #3 of 11

ive been gone for awhile too little weird being back here. nice cake i love the butterflies

gilpnh Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 2:55am
post #4 of 11

I can definately tell Ive been gone, I double posted the pix AND the post.
Sigh

Heather

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 3:13am
post #5 of 11

wecome back you guys.i don't post much but i'm almost always around.lol

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:08am
post #6 of 11

Welcome back Heather. Your cake turned out really cute. I love your flowers. How did you make the butterfly wings? They are fantastic!!

Cindy

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:25am
post #7 of 11

Hi,

I've came aboard since you've been gone. It's very nice to meet you, both of you.

Did you get the butterflies online?

gilpnh Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 12:22pm
post #8 of 11

The butterflies are made out of waferpaper, think communion wafers, thats what they taste like but it comes in sheets. I thought they were kindo of thick and found them hard to see my design thru, they were all my local cake supply store had so not sure where to get them any thinner. I used the tutorial here at CC to make them, will spread the piping gel on thinner next time.

Heather

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 12:28pm
post #9 of 11

Welcome back! Love the flowers! How did you do the daffodils? Beautiful!

gilpnh Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 12:59pm
post #10 of 11

Those are daffodils??? icon_surprised.gif I believe I just started using some out of my wilton gumpaste kit and another out the wilton flower making kit and mixed and matched, really was not going for any particular type of flower. One of my goals this year is to work on realistic looking flowers though.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 2:04pm
post #11 of 11

Look like daffodils to me icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%