Help Please! Mmf Loops Wont Dry

Decorating By tania9 Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 12:25pm by tania9

tania9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tania9 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:42am
post #1 of 10

I am making an MMF bow for my daughter's b'day cake and we've had rain for the past 15 days and the loops wont dry. I need them dry by tomorrow, I don't have a food dehydrator, so is there nother way? Thank you icon_smile.gif

9 replies
torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:23am
post #2 of 10

did you add some tylose or something else to help harden them?? if you need them for tomorrow I would make new ones out of gumpaste roll really thin and they should dry Or add a heap of tylose to your mmf and agin roll as thin as you can thesy should dry

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 10:14am
post #3 of 10

Yes GP!!! I nearly ALWAYS make mine out of gp anymore... they don't break and they dry quickly... I sure hope you have some my dear...

I'm afraid you might not get yours dry in time

tania9 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 10:18am
post #4 of 10

thanks for your replies, I appreciate it icon_smile.gif problem is I don't have gumpaste and I can't make any at the moment. A friend suggested I try the oven. So I turned it onto the lowest setting, and I've put the loops on some paper laying them on the oven door, which is obviously open, and it's working! YAY! icon_lol.gif I just hope it doesn't take all night lol

wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 10:37am
post #5 of 10

You have the oven ON or the light on?????

tania9 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:59am
post #6 of 10

oven is on, light is busted lol

wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 10

Tania I haven't ever dried MMF with the oven on.. just the light.. I hope you aren't having any problems

tania9 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 10:10pm
post #8 of 10

There were no problems icon_smile.gif I can happily make the bow to put on the cake today thank goodness.
I left the oven door open and put the loops on the door so I think that helped. Thank you for your help, next time I'll use gum paste.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:30pm
post #9 of 10

Did your loops hold their shape? I've had hardened MMF pieces reabsorb moisture in rainy weather.

tania9 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:25pm
post #10 of 10

Yes they held their shape, only one loop broke and my daughter absolutely loved the cake, so that was wonderful icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%