How Do You Feel About.....

Lounge By booger Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 11:18am by nancylynwallace

booger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
booger Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:46am
post #1 of 4

OK, at my work, some people get recognized for doing the most pittiest things, but those that do something, and do it well, and even told about how sweet and well it was done. but it doesn't go any further. Someone makes a suggestion and it get knocked down, but the person that gets noticed for the smallest things makes the same suggestion and it gets "approved".
I see this at my work all the time and there are so many people upset about it but won't say anything. Should something be said? If so how would it be done?

thanks in advance

3 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:53am
post #2 of 4

To me theres always that going on. Some kiss butt better then others. I am bitter with that too! So obviously it happens everywhere. And though something should be done and said, it won't work! Just yesterday someone here had enough of it, and said something, and though she didnt get into trouble really, she already has the name as a baby, a complainer, and trouble. It's ashame, and it really makes me mad, but I guess life is life!

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:17am
post #3 of 4

It happens everywhere and you are right if you say something you are labeled as a complainer or even worse. I have been at my job for 20 years and I have seen so much, so you re not alone. icon_surprised.gif
Faye

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:18am
post #4 of 4

It's easy to see that the person getting all of the praise has a little "brown" on their nose! thumbsdown.gif That happens everywhere! My best advice is that those of you who know that you are doing a good job, compliment each other! Have your own support system. We do that where I work and it is really good. You all know that you are doing a good job and it is really a shame that management will not recognize that. Everyone likes to be complimented on their work and know that they are appreciated. Don't stoop to the brown noser's standards! Do your best and know that at the end of the day, you are just as talented if not more than the brown noser. Keep your chin up, keep on smiling and don't let people get to you! thumbs_up.gif Hope that helps a little!

Hugs,
Nancy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%