Disney Themed Retirement Cake Help!

Decorating By 2508s42 Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 12:29am by mocakiss86

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 5

My son's 3rd grade teacher is retirement is May 15. I have been asked to make a Disney themed cake for 150 people for this occasion. It needs to be really over the top because she is an awesome, award winning teacher and everyone loves her.

What would you do? I need the ideas by tomorrow b/c they are going to call me back for them. I was thinking of a replica of Mickey's house, but I can't find enough pictures of the outside and I have never been there.

Anyone?

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 5

Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio? (Jiminy is the mascot of the Disney University, their educational division)
then work in wishing on a star...
dreams coming true.

teachers touching the future one child at a time.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:03am
post #3 of 5

What about the castle? You could make the Disney castle, and even have a tiny Tinkerbell flying overhead.

Thats Disney-ish without being too horribly complicated, and I'll bet you can find a great picture!

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:07am
post #4 of 5

minnie kicking back in a beach chair.
Mickey and minnie golfing together.
A cruise ship with disney characters on it....
i dont know how complicated you want to go

mocakiss86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakiss86 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:29am
post #5 of 5

I did a wedding Mickey theme and did scroll work with little Mickey head and ears all white on white -- it would be fun in and bright color or black and white with and theme 3-D topper. Impressive but only alot of time in the topper. Sounds like a neat lady to get to do a cake for. My experiences with schools is usually budget so simple and impressive may be the way to go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%