Beginner

Decorating By Raby Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 8:29am by xstitcher

Raby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raby Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 3

I am a beginner that is interested in trying this. My daughter will be two in June and I would like to make her a Tigger cake. Any suggestions where to start and what to do?

2 replies
eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 3

Hey, Raby:
I'd suggest maybe Wilton. They have a Tigger cake pan and it comes w/ instructions on how to decorate him. It's a great place to start.
Look at wilton.com and search for Tigger. They have a pdf format you can look at to see if it's something you'd like to do.
HTH,
Melanie Mc.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:29am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatdessert1st

Hey, Raby:
I'd suggest maybe Wilton. They have a Tigger cake pan and it comes w/ instructions on how to decorate him. It's a great place to start.
Look at wilton.com and search for Tigger. They have a pdf format you can look at to see if it's something you'd like to do.
HTH,
Melanie Mc.

First of all let me saw welcome to CC!

2nd, I too would go the same route as the tigger cake pan. It doesn't look too difficult and if your the type of person that can learn by reading instructions that then that's all you will need (of course you will have to buy the colours for tigger and a few decorating tips) .
If your anything like me and need to learn this kind of thing by seeing it demonstrated and then practice with an instructor around to correct you then I would highly recommend that you sign up for the Wilton Course 1 which is offered at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and probably a few other places near you. Sorry I don't know all the names as we only have Michaels here in Canada.

Here's a link to find out where classes are offered in your area:

http://www.wilton.com/classes/local_classes.cfm

There are 4 classes for each course - 1 class a week. Course 1 will give you all the basics and from there you'll be able to tackle the tigger pan no problem (you'll probably feel comfortable doing it after your first cake!)

At the end of this course you may even want to try something other than the shaped pan for examole you could try doing a fbct (frozen buttercream transfer)

Here is an article showing you how to do a fbct:

http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

Hope this helps! I'm still a beginner myself (I started decorating about 6 weeks ago) so you may get some better advice from some of the more experienced folks here!

P.S. I'm super tired so if my post doesn't make sense I apologize!

Cheers!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%