Tragedy: Pregnant Woman Shot In Bank Hold-Up

Lounge By indydebi Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 3:44am by mkolmar

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:15am
post #1 of 25

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=8207654

Happened today. Bank robber shot a teller who was 5 months pregnant with twins. Babies were not hit and teller went into surgery (details in link above).

They tracked the scent to a local high school and found money behind the school. Schools were put on lock-down. My daughter had to go to the elementary school and pick up my kindergarten granddaughter at the school (instead of her taking the bus home) because of the lock-down.

I personally vote for a little "frontier justice" ..... forget the trial, just take him out back and shoot him! icon_mad.gif

What the he!! is wrong with people. If he wanted the money, then take the money. why shoot a pregnant woman?

24 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:41am
post #2 of 25

you know
these are the kinds of situations that make me wonder if we all wouldnt be a little better off if they brought back public punishments
you know when they would bring out the convicted person to the city square and give them lashings, or just leave them in the stocks for a few days.

obviously you would want to make sure its the guilty party

when people think there are no real consequences to their actions, they dont care what they do

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:54am
post #3 of 25

I'm one for let the punishment fit the crime. Of course I'm old school like that. icon_evil.gif I hope the mom and babies are okay.

staceyssweettreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyssweettreats Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:57am
post #4 of 25

That is so sad. What is the world coming to that we no longer care about the lives of others. I agree. Take the money. What is the point in trying to kill someone?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:06am
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

when people think there are no real consequences to their actions, they dont care what they do

or is it that they know that even if they kill they'll get

free room
free board
free medical
free clothes
free legal representation
etc.
???

all at the taxpayers expense

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:08am
post #6 of 25

Thanks for posting this Debi. My son works at Huntington Bank corp. office here in Columbus. He was telling us about this at dinner tonight. However, he didn't know how the teller or the babies were doing. We will pray for them all.

Quote:
Quote:

I personally vote for a little "frontier justice" ..... forget the trial, just take him out back and shoot him! icon_mad.gif

My DH says as long as it isn't quick and he has to linger a bit icon_wink.gif

indydebi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:13am
post #7 of 25

I had taken a free box of cookies to the Huntington branch right across the street from my shop and the manager stopped in today to thank me. She told me this teller was one of her very best friends.

I just watched the news and the neighbors said this teller and her husband are very very nice. Whenever they are in their yard, all the kids kinda hang out with them. I think that says a lot about them.

News reports that she is out of surgery, listed as critical but stable. babies ok "right now".

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:07am
post #8 of 25

How horrible!

So do they think an actual high schooler did this? Or the perp just hid the money there?

We had a young mother murdered here who was pregnant with twins. This was about ten years ago, but it is the one murder of the hundreds that has stuck with me. The father of the twins killed her by shooting her right in the stomach. One twin died and one miraculously survived. I always think about the surviving twin and how life has been for him.

indydebi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:16am
post #9 of 25

maryj's, they saw 2 high schoolers entering the high school thru a door that students are not suppose to use. They questioned them, but released them to their parents. news says they are not suspects, but they may have seen/heard/know something that might help.

The guy is 6'1". TWO "getaway" cars. The artist sketch looks older than high school.

Bothers me significantly that they headed for a high school. And MY FIVE YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER was in a lock-down situation! Pi$$es me off!

divinedivacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinedivacakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:43am
post #10 of 25

So sorry to hear about this horrific terrifying act. THe family and friends are in my prayers. I am wondering why they dont take people like this and drop them off in the ocean for shark food!!! No more wasted taxpayers money!!!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:00am
post #11 of 25

Very sad situation! Will be praying for them. Unfortunatly, I keep hearing more and more things like this!

Yesterday, a senior highschool student in Chesterfied, SC was arrested after his parents contacted police.

He received a shipment of some chemical used in making bombs and his parents got it before he did. They checked his room and found a journal with plans to blow up his school! How scary!

I feel the prison system has got to change! Serving a sentence should NOT be a vacation!

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:31am
post #12 of 25

Thanks Debi, I had heard this on the news yesterday but had no idea if the lady and babies were ok. It saddens me to think what our society has become. What has happened to people?It is happening everywhere and I just don't get it. I pray that the sweet lady will recover and the dear little babies will be ok. I will keep all of them in my prayers.
Faye

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:22pm
post #13 of 25

Okay. I really hope that I do not step on any toes but I couldn't help to say something.

I SO agree that prison is a vaction for most and that we need much harsher punishments!!!!

My BF went to the Nashville State Prison for a assignment in PSY class. They had to interveiw convicted killer Christy Pike. I was too young when this orginally happened and had to read up on it.

Anyway, he told me she was just like, "Yay, I killed her. It didn't happen the way the news tells it, but this is what happened." She went into all details and was just like ..So...

He asked her if she could go back and time, would she do it again and she said of course!!! She has no remourse no nothing, yet she is living there is a cell to herself. She has a library, tv, the works. Having heard her tell the story, I just have no remourse for her or what happends to her.

What this man, and I use this term so lightly, has done something so so awful!!! I can not even imagine what these poor families are going through!! I hope and pray they find those truely responsible and they show no mercery on them.

This is just makes me so angry, I didn't mean to go off on a rant. I just get so upset when I hear these things. I am stepping off the soapbox nox....

Happy Baking~ Katie

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:14pm
post #14 of 25

This is just another sad story, i agree penalties should be harsher for people who break the law. I hate to even look at the news some days it seems like lately there have been so many stories about people hurting/killing pregnant women and small childeren. Its sad, very sad especially when you think of how innocent a small child or unborn child is. Very very sad.

indydebi Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:10am
post #15 of 25

SWAT team went into a house and picked up 8 people. While the story was on the news, they interupted themselves to report that the police had arrested 5 people 4 charged for conspiracy to rob; 1 arrested for neglect. When they arrested them at the house, they came out "peacefully" but one guy came out carrying a baby.

From the WTHR Channel 13 website:
"Police took evidence from the house in connection with the Huntington Bank shooting in which an expectant mother of twins was critically wounded.

District Chief William Benjamin says the SWAT team arrived and sent a verbal message over a PA system. "It took some time for the men to come out of 611 and [with the] evidence inside, we understand why. [They] came out peacefully, actually. One man came out with a baby in his arms," Benjamin said."

The family released a statement that the teller is in critical but stable condition. Her family is from Peru and they are working with the Embassy to try to get visas so her mother and siblings can come up and be with her.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:37am
post #16 of 25

What a horrible, tragic story. This is so upsetting to me. I don't understand what this world is coming to sometimes. How could anyone shoot a pregnant woman?!?! I agree that he should be taken out back and shot. icon_mad.giftapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gif I sure hope they find everyone involved in this awful crime and especially that the mom and babies are OK. So sad.

Ohara Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:50am
post #17 of 25

Debi, thanks for posting an update. I have been wondering how she and the babies are doing.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:41pm
post #18 of 25

on yahoo news it says they have arrest 4 people for this crime.
its a yahoo video so I couldnt watch it at work but thats what the headline is

VannaD Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:58pm
post #19 of 25

i dont know what yall have heard but i just read on YahooNews that she lost the babies. They say one died thurs night and the other fri morning. such a tragedy and completely unneccesary. Broke my heart

indydebi Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:31pm
post #20 of 25

Here's the local TV station's update: http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=8227286

I've been away from news all day and hadn't heard this. It makes me cry .... I mean it's a good thing I don't have mascara on right now.

I can't think of anything they can do to this man that will be real justice.

Ohara Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:14pm
post #21 of 25

What a tragedy!! I feel so bad for her and her family. icon_cry.gif

VannaD Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:23pm
post #22 of 25

Thanks for the link Deb. The one I read had very little detail. Its so sad that some intentionally shot her in the stomach, makes me sick. I too am wiping tears.

KaraN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KaraN Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:20pm
post #23 of 25

What a tragedy! My eyes were filled with tears when I saw on yahoo that she lost the babies. How hard it must be for this poor woman to lose those babies! I cannot even imagine in my wildest dreams what she and her family are going through. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with the family. It's so hard to think of these things happening, especially in your home state. This kind of thing is not supposed to happen!

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:03pm
post #24 of 25

CNN just released a story saying that they are letting the men they arrested go and the killer is still on the loose.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:44am
post #25 of 25

This is so horrible. I'd like to see no court date for whoever did this but rather them turned over to her family. Let them decide the fate of the murderer. Now that would be justice. That poor family lost 2 lives before they began and might loose her too. It's tragic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%