Need Dark Color Tinkerbell Cake Pics And/or Ideas

Decorating By CakeDesigns Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 1:21pm by patticake1951

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 18

Hi,
I've searched in the gallery but there are almost no cake with the new dark/bright colors Tinkerbell party theme. Can you help me with some pictures? If photos are not available, any ideas will be greatly appreciated. One more thing....how do I obtain those bright colors.

I leave you the party supplies pic so you know what I'm talking about.

Thank a lot!
LL
LL

17 replies
pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 18

Well I drew up an idea for you. Not a good drawing but you get the idea lol. Those are supposed to be flowers in the bright colors matching the plates and napkins. Americolor will help you get those deep bright colors.
LL

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 18

I did this one. The bottom tier was darker and more purple in person. My photos always distort the shades of purple for some reason.
LL

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 18

Thank you so much for your ideas!

Pottedmeatchunks, that is SO very nice of you to go the extra mile and draw something for me. I really like the color combo you picked. I was thinking more of pink and purple but I think the client wants to go the blue/purple route. Thanks a million!!

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 18

HI I made a topsy turvy tink cake that was periwinkle, but you could definately change the colors around it is in my pics. Good luck hope it helps!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 18

I made a tinkerbell figurine out of gumpaste for my cousin. The base I used a midnight blue luster dust. It looked pretty cool! And im sure if you used it for part of the cake also that it would look really nice!
I think the pic of tink is in my pictures and you can probably see the midnight blue color.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 18

wilton sells a fairy color kit. you get four colors, that may help you.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 18
deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:48pm
post #9 of 18

Here is one that I have in favs.........I think that this is using the colors you need. Also, I think Wilton makes a tinkerbell icing color kit that you can get at any supply store or online. Also, you might be able to PM the artist that did this cake and ask.......

Hopefully this helps!!! I just think it is so cute!!!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1205312

jammjenks Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:42am
post #10 of 18

I did this one over the weekend. The mother added the tinkerbell candle at the party.
LL

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:46am
post #11 of 18

Hey Jamm.....what color is that blue that you used???

jammjenks Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:50am
post #12 of 18

That is actually Wilton's violet. My photos tend to make purples look like blues.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:53am
post #13 of 18

here's a deep jewel tone one also.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_633133.html

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 12:06pm
post #14 of 18

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1168754

There's one I did. The colors I got by combining wilton violet and rose, which I find is more fuschia in color than a rose pink. I made the arbor over her and the topper the mother pulled off a bottle of bubble bath, and I have seen it at Walmart.

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 12:21pm
post #15 of 18

Here's the link to one I did a few months ago. Tinkerbell is made from Color Flow.

http://www.freewebs.com/rhopar33/gallery.htm, look on p. 12 of the gallery.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 12:54pm
post #16 of 18

i absolutely love colouring book pages for things like this-especially if they want a certain character on the cake-you could embellish the cake with small flowers and "fairy"swirls and stars or maybe twirly wire with flowers and vines. i make a chocolate plaque/transfer and place it on the cake after i'm finished icing it-you just need a bit of patience to work with melted chocolate (although from most of the cakes i've see everyone has plenty of that)

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:05pm
post #17 of 18

I did this one...but I don't see why you couldn't make things darker on any design you like??? Are you doing a sheetcake?? Or does it not matter???
There is a black one here somewhere.....well, it was a really dark chocolate fondant but it looked black and it looked awesome!!!

On the one I did, if you used that dark purple around the sides that would darken it up significantly!
LL

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:21pm
post #18 of 18

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%