I Have A Problem!

Decorating By meme Updated 12 Aug 2005 , 12:06am by loree001

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 35

Okay the first step is admitting you have a problem! icon_lol.gif I am becoming addicted to this site! Thank you for creating it I have learned soo much from you all and got lots of ideas and tips I never would have thought of! But I am starting to find myself logging on numerous times aday 1st thing in the am and before I go to bed while hubby is in the shower so he want think I have lost my mind! HEE HEE This site is like candy it lures me in! LOL icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

34 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 35

I think many of us share your "problem". I look at it this way...there are a lot worse things we could be doing, right!? Enjoy your problem!!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 35

I can't think of a better addiction to have icon_biggrin.gif

alengirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alengirl Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 35

I think A LOT of us have this problem. . .

You think there's treatment for it? LOL!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

You betcha! Make more cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahah!

Ok, how about this problem, I just asked a question and answered it myself! Now there's a problem!

Have a Happy Day!

MrsMissey Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:54pm
post #5 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by alengirl

I think A LOT of us have this problem. . .

You think there's treatment for it? LOL!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

You betcha! Make more cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahah!

Ok, how about this problem, I just asked a question and answered it myself! Now there's a problem!

Have a Happy Day!

LOL...I think that's a different kind of problem!! LOL!

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 35

I also have BIG problems I am sooo addicted to this site !! I have Problems getting in. The only way I get in is thru my email and read the forums!! Somthing wrong on my computer so I have to ask my hubby to fix it. But it sure doesnt keep my away!! Have a great day everyone!

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 2:35pm
post #7 of 35

Addicted? Of course! thumbs_up.gif How can you not be addicted, when you can get SO MUCH information and advice, all from people who know EXACTLY what you're dealing with because they've BEEN THERE and DONE THAT! Totally awesome! icon_lol.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 2:42pm
post #8 of 35

Now i'm not sure I can say i'm to the stage of addiction yet. Although I can say that I log on before I go to work (even if it makes me run late) log on when I get home before I do any housework. Oh and I may log on again before I go to bed. ...... is that really considered an addiction or just a passion? Lol maybe it's to fine of a line. Either way, I don't mind!

MrsMissey Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 2:45pm
post #9 of 35

LOL......call it what you will!!

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 2:46pm
post #10 of 35

The only problem I see here is the 1st step to recovery is ADMITTING we have a problem. BUT the second baby-step is WANTING to get better..and I don't think most of us DO! icon_biggrin.gif

meme Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 2:59pm
post #11 of 35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only problem I see here is the 1st step to recovery is ADMITTING we have a problem. BUT the second baby-step is WANTING to get better..and I don't think most of us DO!

That is funny! I would of never thought of it that way! icon_lol.gif

PolishMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PolishMommy Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 4:36pm
post #12 of 35

Hello, My name is PolishMommy...and I'm...addicted to CakeCentral.com!!!

meme Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 4:38pm
post #13 of 35

icon_lol.gif LOL icon_lol.gif

KayDay Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 4:41pm
post #14 of 35

Hiya Polish, I am Karyn and I also am addicted, it has been 12 hours since my last cake..wait..I am getting confession mixed with AA here! Everyone just back away from my buttercream and nobody gets hurt! icon_lol.gif

MrsMissey Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 4:42pm
post #15 of 35

You all are too funny! icon_lol.gif

cakes4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4fun Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 4:47pm
post #16 of 35

You all wanna here addicted....
I log on while I'm at WORK!!! Then I'm on most of the day.....I sneak some time before I go to bed also while hubby is in the shower....he already thinks I'm crazy!!
He says: "Have you spoken to your cake friends today?" hahahahah!!!

I've learned so much and my passion for cakes and decorating has grown thanks to you all!
I LOVE THIS SITE!!

meme Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 4:51pm
post #17 of 35

That is funny I thought I was the only one sneaking while my hubby was in the shower so he would not think I was crazy! LOL

KayDay Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 5:39pm
post #18 of 35

Wow, I never realized how lucky I am. My man KNOWS I am crazy so I don't have to sneak..lol! icon_lol.gif

cakes4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4fun Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 5:46pm
post #19 of 35

this topic is hysterical!!!! icon_lol.gif

But i'm soooo glad i'm not the only crazy one out there in Cake Land! icon_biggrin.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 6:03pm
post #20 of 35

I stay signed on each day at work from 8 am to 5 pm. EVERY DAY!!!! My computer at home has been down for three months now, so the only time I can get on here is while at work. This is sad, but my boss is wondering lately why I'm getting so far behind in my paperwork! Isn't that terrible!!!!?

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 6:08pm
post #21 of 35

Why hubby comes home from work and says "what happening on your cake board today?" I'm always dragging him over to see beautiful cakes and talking to him about new stuff I learned here.

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 6:15pm
post #22 of 35

Well then consider me an addict toooooooooo, and i don't mind, I'm here any chance i get.

It used to be that i had to run the kids of the computer to check my mail, but since i found CC, they have to stand in line.

And it's like ok mom, your on that cake site AGAIN don't you get tired.

Love this site. keep up the good work thumbs_up.gif

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 6:20pm
post #23 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

I stay signed on each day at work from 8 am to 5 pm. EVERY DAY!!!! My computer at home has been down for three months now, so the only time I can get on here is while at work. This is sad, but my boss is wondering lately why I'm getting so far behind in my paperwork! Isn't that terrible!!!!?

I second that!!!!! Matter fact, that's where I am right now is at work! I am 1 step worse though, I go home and log on the minute i get home. It's ridiculous!!! icon_cry.gif j/k

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 6:28pm
post #24 of 35

This is to funny. My husband is a computer software developer, so our computers are actually never turned off at home. Everyone is on the computer (my 12 y/o is on the other computer right now playing the online role playing game he helped develop). I started out on a forum years ago for moms. I've been "chatting" with these ppl every day for the last 5 years. I found this forum on Sunday. I now check in here BEFORE I even check in with them! LOL. Now that is pathetic. But I have developed a passion for cake decorating and just love to see what I can learn. I check in in the morning. Before going to bed. And several times during the day as the kids allow. I might have to cut back a little bit when school starts up and I don't have my older ones around to help with the little ones.

MrsMissey Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 6:29pm
post #25 of 35

Interesting FYI...about 20 minutes ago, there were a record number of members on here............100!!!!!!!!!! I guess this place is not only addictive but contagious as well! Congratulations Jackie..you have certainly created a phenominal website here!

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 6:48pm
post #26 of 35

Addicted?? I guess I am right there with you guys. I seemed to log on whenever I have a few minutes and then sometimes spend a few hours. I am amazed at how many things I've learned here and how great all the people here are.

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 12:55am
post #27 of 35

I love this site and I KNOW for sure that I am addicted.

I love looking at all of the photos and I am trying to decide what kind of cake I am going to make for MY birthday...which is in a couple of weeks.

Sherryb

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 1:53am
post #28 of 35

My discovery of CC has been a bad thing! You see I have a bit of an obsessive personality and CC is very easy to be obsessed with-but in such a good way!! Everyone on here is so helpful, willing to share and really nice to boot! And I have to say cudos to Jackie-this is a very user friendly site-easy to navigate, immediate gratification (very important to we obsessive types-lol) with posts, etc!! My hubby said he is going to change his name to cake so I'll pay more attention to him!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 2:07am
post #29 of 35

I must admit I am a CC.com ADDICTED. I must confess I am a CC.com ADDICT.!!!! MC

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 2:10am
post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodibug

My discovery of CC has been a bad thing! You see I have a bit of an obsessive personality and CC is very easy to be obsessed with-but in such a good way!!

I agree with you dodibug. I too think I have an obsessive personality! If I didn't 'try' to be a good wife, I would be here 24/7 but I guess I better do the laundry icon_cry.gif and the dishes icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif and cook dinner thumbsdown.gif lol
this is my 'getaway' from husband and children.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%