Calling All Agbay Owners

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 10:53pm by tyty

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 22

I decided to take the plunge and buy an agbay. I have been saving money from some odd jobs I had and decided to "invest" in my cake business. Do you buy it from the Agbay website? Thanks if you know the anwer, and did you also buy the blade cleaner? I'm so excited icon_biggrin.gif

21 replies
4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:43am
post #2 of 22

I want one too...any place cheaper than the Agbay site?

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:44am
post #3 of 22

duplicate

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:50am
post #4 of 22

I've done a gazillion google searches, and it seems Agbay is the only one who sells their product. You may want to check eBay, as it's been a long time since i've looked for it.
I am going to keep my eyes open for it at the ICES convention this summer, though. Thanks for the reminder, and let us know if you find one cheaper.

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:54am
post #5 of 22

I think the only place you can buy it is from Agbay themselves.... the customer service is unbelievable! The best ever! Definitely worth the investment!!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:55am
post #6 of 22

The company is owned by a husband and wife team and I think they are the only ones who sell them.

I got mine from them at Cake Camp.

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:51pm
post #7 of 22

Thanks, the Agbay website is the only place I can find it as well.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:14pm
post #8 of 22

I would recommend getting the blade cleaner. It zaps stuck-on cake crumbs from the top and bottom of the blade with a quick sweep. If your cakes are moist, you'll need to use the blade cleaner after every cut.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:21pm
post #9 of 22

Did I hear that the reg. agbay is off a little in the cut and you have to compensate with a board?

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:38pm
post #10 of 22

I love my Agbay, Deanna is right!
Well worth the investment, and I don't even earn enough from my cakes to make it really viable.
But no more stress, it is perfect every time. Which is really the reason why I got it.

Steffen74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steffen74 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:35pm
post #11 of 22

I will second Diane's suggestion to purchase the blade cleaner. Not only does it do a great job, but it's also just about the safest way to get the cake off. The blades are very, very sharp (cut myself more than once...more than twice...but I'm kind of stupid like that : ) ) and if you try with a rag of a spnge, they just cut through whatever you're using. Fabulous investment, though...worth every penny!

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:49pm
post #12 of 22

Oh my gosh it's so fun to use! I just got one and used it for the first time just a few days ago. It's fabulous! I even called my mom over to watch it work! icon_smile.gif I got the blade cleaner b/c I wasn't sure about how to clean it - it really just pushes the crumbs off, but it's quick and easy and great.

You can only order it from Agbay themselves - as someone else said, it's a husband / wife team. You can either fax or just call them. Maureen is really nice icon_smile.gif And it's an awesome product!!!

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:55pm
post #13 of 22

can someone show me what this thing looks like?? ive heard all the hype...but its like Loch Ness...I have yet to see icon_smile.gif

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:58pm
post #14 of 22

i have one and it is the best investment in cake supplies i have made yet. Well worth the $. They are absolutely the best folks to deal with. Very pleasant and answer all your ?'s. I bought the deluxe model and didnt have to pay for the blade cleaner... but it works very well.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:21pm
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Did I hear that the reg. agbay is off a little in the cut and you have to compensate with a board?

First of all, Christi, you threw me off a bit with your new avatar! lol Very cute.

Also, I believe what you're referring to was someone who said that instead of buying the deluxe model for torting her cakes twice, she used the regular one and to keep the tortes even she has to cut a bit lower than the Agbay blade's lowest setting so she puts her cake on an inverted pan and it makes it just the right height.

I could be mistaking, but I did read that in someone's post and it sounds like what you're talking about.

I know that if it was me and my blade/Agbay didn't align properly, it would be in the next shipment out of my house and back to the 'manufacturer' for the money they charge! Hence the reason I still don't have an Agbay.

wgoat5 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:50pm
post #16 of 22

LOL Thanks Grace... I was a little off on what I thought I remembered then... it was just torting with the reg. agbay then... great.. I'd love to have one.. but that is one purchase I wouldn't be able to hide from DH LOL ... (Still trying to figure out how to pass the fondant sheeter price without him knowing *shrug* guess that won't happen either LOL)

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:49pm
post #17 of 22

Christi, have you gotten your anniversary present yet?! That's how you get the cake goodies! lol

My 15th wedding anniversary is May 8th, then there's Mother's Day and my birthday is June 3rd........I'm going to Cake Camp this year. LOL

wgoat5 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 9:20pm
post #18 of 22

Hey... Grace I just found out that SugarShack is holding a class with another decorator not REAL far from me in the next few months... just maybe... MAYBE... I can go to that AND get a Agbay????

Wanna talk to my DH for me??

Your from NJ I'm sure you can get your point across icon_wink.gif !!!!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 9:31pm
post #19 of 22

Here's the link (complete with tutorial!!) http://www.agbayproducts.com/index.html

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:10pm
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Hey... Grace I just found out that SugarShack is holding a class with another decorator not REAL far from me in the next few months... just maybe... MAYBE... I can go to that AND get a Agbay????

Wanna talk to my DH for me??

Your from NJ I'm sure you can get your point across icon_wink.gif !!!!!

Oooh, hope you can take the class. I'm jealous.

Actually, I'm Italian and only in NJ for 11 years - I'm originally from Brooklyn. Yeah, I think I can get the point across! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:18pm
post #21 of 22

Your HIRED icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:53pm
post #22 of 22

I got my Agbay last year, it was the best investment I made. Cuts through nuts and eveything. I had a few wedding cakes coming up and all I had was the other thing from that other company and I knew it would not do the job. I used the other thing on a cake and it just tore it up and it was not even at all. I have the single blade because it was what I could afford at the time since I just do cakes from home. I also purchased the blade cleaner, which I love. You do have to be careful because the blade is very sharp. I was able to pay for it with my cake $, which I keep in a separate account. Their customer service is the best!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%