Decorating A Cookie Using A Mold?

Baking By smbegg Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 11:09pm by kwdonlon

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 6

How do you decorate a cookie using a cookie mold? Below is the cookie mold I am thinking of getting. Would I just press the fondant in for the eyes and nose and then cover with red fondant over the face leaving the bubbled background plain cookie? I am debating about using this or getting the monster head cookie cutter that is $19.00! I am not sure which will work better. I have never used a mold.

Stephanie

5 replies
wyckedwytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyckedwytch Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 6

Smbegg,

I'm not seeing the mold your speaking of. Could you try to repost it?

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 6

sorry, here is the picture.

Stephanie
LL

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 6

OMG that is way cute. i can't wait to see it done

wyckedwytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyckedwytch Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 6

Did it come with any directions? I wonder if you take the mold and spray it with cooking spray, then fill it in with cookie dough and cook it in that if it would work. Is it made of plastic or some king of ceramic, or metal?

Maybe if you spray it, fill the mold and then put it in the freezer for a couple minutes, then pop it out onto a pan and cookie it that way if that would work?

I've seen lots of molds on the internet there must be instructions somewhere.

For decorating I thing it would be easier to use the outside of the mold to shape your fondant so your not digging it out of the mold. But do not work the fondant (I'm not fond of the taste) so I bet someone else would know that also.

Good luck, the cutter is really cute!

kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 6

Stephanie -

What's the mold made of?

You could tint your dough blue (or whatever color you're making them), then use RI for details.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%