Ideas For A Mario Bros. Cake

Decorating By miny Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 12:28am by xstitcher

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 6:43am
post #1 of 6

My nephew's birthday is in less than 2 weeks and I want to make a Mario bros. cake for him but I only remember the mushroom, Mario and Luigi, I know there are a lot more characters in the game, and he likes a yellow turtle like dinosaur so I thought about a mushroom cake covered in fondant and Mario, Luigi and the turtle thing out of fondant but I think is kind of lame and I really want to surprise him, any ideas?, I mean any idea is welcome, I am desperate. Thanks.

5 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 7:17am
post #2 of 6

Hi Miny,

Have you tried doing a search on super mario brothers?. You'll be able to find pics for the characters on-line. I did a search for super mario brothers cakes and found a lot of cakes as well that should give you some inspirations. I guess it also depends on how old your nephew is going to be as well? HTH!

Cheers!

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:13am
post #3 of 6

I did this one for my son's birthday - inspiration from a couple of different fantastic cakes - not my original idea at all - and certainly not perfect but it was fun and the kids liked it.
The mario and luigi was a gumpaste plaque but my son's step brother (3 and cute as a button) snapped it so it's on the base.... I also did CC for this class...

I hope this helps,
LL
LL

miny Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 6

Wow great ideas xstitcher and valmommytodanny, I don't know what I'll do without all the CCers and your great ideas. I'll post the pic next week for sure!, once again thanks. thumbs_up.gif

miny Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 6

I forgot to say: beautiful cake valmommytodanny, you did a great job and it's going to be a huge inspiration for my cake but it won't be as beautiful as yours for sure!. icon_wink.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:28am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by miny

Wow great ideas xstitcher and valmommytodanny, I don't know what I'll do without all the CCers and your great ideas. I'll post the pic next week for sure!, once again thanks. thumbs_up.gif

We'll look forward to the pics!
I'm sure your cake will turn out great! Have fun baking.....

Cheers! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%