Mother Day Cookie Ideas Please

Baking By spsjj Updated 19 Apr 2008 , 4:50pm by lainalee

spsjj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spsjj Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 8

Have any ideas about what tomake for cookies for Mothers Day? Thatnks icon_smile.gif

7 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 8

I was looking thru my cutters.....I always thought I had a ton since I can never find them when I am looking for them and they fill 3 boxes but I could barely find enough for a bouquet! Most of them were holiday, so I threw out a bunch.

Then I found a heart, flower, tulip & butterfly for a cookie bouquet but I think I need one more ~ isn't it better in odd numbers?? I also got a box from the craft store for boxed cake truffles.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1207485.html

I am going to try and sell these for Mother's Day (box holds 9).

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 8

Flowers are always good... Teapots and teacups, high heels and pocketbooks, and spa cookies are a few I do for Mother's Day.

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 8

I just finished making favors for a Relay for Life tea. Anyway-- I made little hats. They were really fun to do and pretty easy. Take a look in my photos. I think they would be great for a Mother's Day cookie.

Melkissa

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 8

I think flowers are always a good choice. Or, for more "modern moms" something high fashion - dresses, hats, shoes, maybe make-up or accessories....?

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:55am
post #6 of 8

CakeDiva 73- How about any shape (circle or square) and you could write a message on it. Some moms may even like a crown with "mom" written on it.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 8

One of my customers wants a sewing machine, spool of thread and scissors. "Mom" is a seamstress

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 8

I'm going to use tea cup and pot cookies to for my bouquets and put them in tea pots for containers. Also, love the idea of flowers, butterflies, etc. used in the flower pots. Doing a craft show with these in two weeks, hope they sell. Any experience from the shows out there? I also thought I would add some teacher bouquets as well as individual cookies for sale as it will be the start of teacher appreciation week.
Any advice would be welcomed. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%