Does Anyone Know How To Make Bavarian Cheesecake Filling?

Decorating By Cookie4 Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 8:16pm by Cookie4

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:12am
post #1 of 5

I am trying to find a recipe for Bavarian Cheesecake filling for a wedding cake and haven't been successful. Do any of you CC'ers have a recipe that you would care to share? I purchased a prepared tube of Bavarian Cream and another tube of Cheesecake and they both tasted horrible. Any help would be appreciated.

4 replies
beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:33am
post #2 of 5

I read your post earlier and was hoping somebody had an answer. I am making a Bavarian filling for this weekend, and was just going to make a Bavarian cream and mix it into my IMBC for a filling.

Sooooo.....it got me thinking for a more of a cheesecake filling, you could possibly make the Bavarian cream and mix that into a cream cheese frosting for a filling. In fact, I am going to do that for this weekend's cake and I will let you know the results! Sounds like it would work. icon_smile.gif

Cookie4 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks BeeMarie - I liike your idea. In fact I did almost the same thing. I took some Jello Cheesecake pudding and mixed it with CoffeeMate instead of milk then chilled. It didn't set up very well so I then added 3 T of cornstarch and 1/4 c of water and boiled the entire mixture to thicken and cooled. It was pretty stiff but it still wasn't the consistency I wanted so I added some buttercream and voila! Not a bad taste, still not quite right but I used it anyway. Good luck on your recipe and please let me know what yours turns out like.

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 5

Well, I made the Bavarian cream and mixed it into a creamcheese filling. Although it was very good and everybody loved it, it definitely had more of a cream cheese flavor and needed more of the Bavarian cream taste.

I would recommend it, but adding more Bavarian cream than the cream cheese. My reason I didn't do that was because I was afraid it wasn't stiff enough for the filling. So that would need to be worked on. But again, it did taste very good!

I'd love to hear if you tried something else or have found another recipe.

Cookie4 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your input - no I didn't do anything else. I used the filling combination I stated earlier because my husband said it tasted pretty good and the consistency was very stiff. Personally, I think because I had a cold that I was picking up a metalic aftertaste.

I even contacted a local bakery to see if I could purchase 3-4 cups of their Bavarian Cheeseake filling but that was a big NO GO! They informed me that they paid $18,000 for their recipe from a European chef and unelss I'd like to purchase the recipe for $18K they didn't want to do any business with me. Oh well, I realize there is a liability to selling a commodity that is used in someone else's finished product and I'm ok with that. Personally, I wouldn't sell or release the recipe if I was in business either but I thought it was worth the asking.

So, if you come across a recipe for Bavarian CreamCheese filling please, please post on here and best of luck to you to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%