Marble Cake

Decorating By bbase Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 6:57am by RICKASH

bbase Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbase Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:52am
post #1 of 6

Anyone have a good receipe for marble cake. I searched for one but only 1 came up and it had poor reviews.

5 replies
tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 4:12am
post #2 of 6

I did a scratch marble cake once and just took a yellow cake recipe and chocolate cake recipe.It turned out well,just make sure the two mixes are close in ingred. and bake at same temp.

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 4:28am
post #3 of 6

An easy and good way to do a marble cake is to take your favorite box mix yellow cake and make it up per the instructions, or doctor it however you would normally (sour cream, extra egg, pudding, whatever).

Then take about a cup of batter out of it and add cocoa, mixing well. Just a tablespoon at a time. Taste it until it tastes chocolate-y, then stop.

Pour the yellow cake batter into the pan(s), then drop big spoonfuls of the chocolate batter onto it until it's all gone. Swirl through the pan(s) w/ a spoon or knife to get the "marble" effect, then bake as usual.

I get so many requests for this one, and it is so easy! Could be done w/ other flavors too - white/strawberry, chocolate/vanilla, and so on.

Good luck!

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 4:45am
post #4 of 6

That method works great arosstx!! I do it a lot with pistachio and chocolate. It's one of my most requested cakes!!

snoopy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snoopy3 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 6:11am
post #5 of 6

I always use betty crockers french vanilla, I could use that too right? Do you add cocoa or melted unsweetened chocolate?

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 6:57am
post #6 of 6

When I do my marble cakes for kids parties I separate the plain cake batter into separate bowls and add color and/or flavor to that. I use a couple of soup ladles and just blob it into the cake tin alternating each time. When all batter is in the tin I run a skewer through in a figure 8 pattern.
I have a pic in my gallery
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-311013.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%