Sewing Machine Opinions?

Lounge By JenWith Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 12:40am by ResaB

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 2

Hi there-
I have (again) unearthed my desire to learn how to sew/quilt. I have a 30+ year old relic of a sewing machine right now; it was given to me free. And I'm looking into something more modern i.e. digital.

I have decided (not 100%) to get the Brother CS6000i model. It has gotten fairly high reviews for being a "beginner" machine as well as it has one feature that I really like - you can select the speed at which to sew (slow, medium and fast). I used a sewing machine this weekend that had that feature (the sewing machine is the BMW of sewing machines so it is out of my league!) but I really like that the Brother model had it. And the price is right for my pocketbook for this sewing machine.

Would anyone have any opinions to the above mentioned Brother model or for any other model of sewing machines? Since I am a beginner, I want something simple to use but I really don't want a manual one. I have one of those. I hate it.

Thanks and love to hear any comments out there!

1 reply
ResaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ResaB Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 12:40am
post #2 of 2

I do not personally have experience with either of those machines. You might try going to sewforum.com and ask there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%