How About A Thread To Seriously Discuss Making Cupcakes?????

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 11 Dec 2020 , 12:18pm by -K8memphis

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:37pm
post #5461 of 11579

mcdonald In the Hello Cupcake Book ? And are you asking a question or making a statement ?

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:46pm
post #5462 of 11579

You got it, mcdonald...that's what it says!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:31pm
post #5463 of 11579

I was simply chiming in about the scratch vs cake mix baking and by making a few simple changes to the mix, it might actually make a really good cake/cupcake. I haven't tried it yet though. So.. I was just making a statement!!!!... and yes, thank you!! It was Hello cupcake!!! Sorry.. it's my age I guess....

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:11pm
post #5464 of 11579

I GOT BETTERCREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought 4 cartons of the unwhipped, they were 4.49, and then they have these cute lil things that are already whipped for 3.99. I got one of those also! AND then they had sugar crystals from the 4th of july on clearence for .49, and they are big, how long will they last? I bought 10 of them!

fiddlesticks Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:25pm
post #5465 of 11579

chassidyg.... YAHOOOO! Im excited you go it! Whats the sugar crystals? colored sugar you use like the sprinkles? If so You can keep it forever!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:18pm
post #5466 of 11579

chassidyg
What kind of store did you buy the liq. Bettercreme? I am still looking for it! Keep thinking when somebody goes out of town I can get some brought back! hahaha! thumbs_up.gif
Wow, had stopped getting notices again, but I have been down with sinus probs this week so haven't done any cuppies!
Also, could somebody tell me how to put a new tag-pic at the bottom of this message?? Not my avatar at the side, but in this box.
TIA

Linda

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:48pm
post #5467 of 11579

Wahoo! It's definitely fun to play around with flavors in the Bettercreme - have fun icon_biggrin.gif

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:49pm
post #5468 of 11579

Two of the best vanilla and chocolate recipes I have use oil and no eggs. It's the Vegan Vanilla that uses buttermilk and my Mom's old time chocolate recipe that just uses cold water. The Vegan Vanilla has the option of butter or oil so I'm going to try the butter to see what the difference is. They are both dense and really homemade tasting. The only complaint I have with the Vegan Vanilla is it has a distinct soda taste to it.

grannyrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannyrose Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:05am
post #5469 of 11579

People are always giving me favorable comments on my "home-made" cakes. For a yellow cake I take a mix( usually with pudding in the mix), add 2 extra eggs, replace water with milk, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla (or lemon, almond or any other flavor) and add 1/2 cup of applesauce. For the chocolate cakes I do the same except I add 3/4 cup of melted chocolate instead of the flavoring

I have never shared this with anyone other than my daughter but I know you ladies will not tell! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:45am
post #5470 of 11579

grannyrose. Thanks and your secret it safe with us!GrandmaG.. Are you sharing ...
Mom's old time chocolate recipe ? I love the old recipes ! No problem If you dont !
Linliv46... Hope you fell better I have sinus problems to ! And after being off all the meds for My Phneumonia It decided it wanted to come back.GRRRRR!!!!! So I just finished another round of fighting that again ! Hope Its gone for good now , guess I will know soon !

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:44am
post #5471 of 11579

chassidy- glad you got your bettercreme!!
grannyrose thanks for sharing!
grandmag- keep up the studying!!!!! LOL It helps us all!!

GrandmaG Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:45am
post #5472 of 11579

Sure, I don't mind. My Mom would have been proud! Bless her soul. I just lost her a year ago. It's funny because I've been looking for that perfect chocolate cake recipe and trying different ones and I kept thinking, why don't I just make my Mom's Chocolate Cake recipe? There are people that have said this is the best chocolate cake they've ever tasted! You can put it in a large sheet pan and make brownies out of it or make any size cake or great for cupcakes. This is how it goes in her order but I usually blend dry ingredients separate from wet and then add together mixing just until lumps are dissolved. The frosting is a fudge taste and consistency so I usually only use it when I make them into brownies and very yummy. For a torted cake I fill with chocolate ganache mixed with Bettercreme. Very good!
My Mom's Chocolate Cake
3 C. Flour
2 C. Sugar
5 T cocoa
1 tsp salt
2 tsp soda
3/4 C oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 C Cold Water
2 T Vinegar
Mix together and bake 350

Frosting
1 C sugar
1/4 C butter
1/4 C cocoa
1/4 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
Bring to boil first 4 ingredients. Boil 1 minute. Add vanilla and beat.

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:52am
post #5473 of 11579

Thanks much GrandmaG! Baking was something my mom NEVER did! But she was a good Italian cook.

chassidyg Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #5474 of 11579

I got mine at GFS in Ft Lauderdale, if I could figure out how to get it to you safely, I'd ship it! Other then putting it on a bus with dry ice, I dont have another idea. (By the way, YES you can ship packages and stuff on a bus!)

Fiddle, the sugar crystals are like the disney cotton candy sprinkle stuff.

chassidyg Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:09am
post #5475 of 11579

I picked up this book at the library called Cupcakes year round, they have some great recipes in it! And some really pretty cupcakes. I'll try to post some of the recipes, they sound great!

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:08am
post #5476 of 11579

chassidyg yes they last forever !Enjoy the bettercreme !
GrandmaG Thanks for sharing that recipe !Wow! Brownies to ! I will be giving it a try soon !

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:10am
post #5477 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyrose

I have never shared this with anyone other than my daughter but I know you ladies will not tell! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Ok, I just rented a billboard on which to divulge this secret!! hehehe. It was expensive, but totally worth it! icon_lol.gif But seriously, thank you for sharing. I find myself sharing things here that I won't tell anyone! It's weird. And I know some people are not that far from me, but for some reason I don't mind so much.

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #5478 of 11579

Geee.. can it be because sometimes our CC friends feel more like family then the real family does ? If only we could pick or family members ! Mine would all love cuppys for sure !!! LOL!!!! Just want to keep with the thread since we never go off topic !

chassidyg Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:23am
post #5479 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Geee.. can it be because sometimes our CC friends feel more like family then the real family does ? If only we could pick or family members ! Mine would all love cuppys for sure !!! LOL!!!! Just want to keep with the thread since we never go off topic !

I agree with Fiddlesticks! I like you all better then I like some of my inlaws thats for sure!!!! Has anyone made the seashells with the luster dust before? I think I want to do those to put on top of cupcakes for my anniversary tower. are they easy, hard, would I be able to do them? lol.

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:35am
post #5480 of 11579

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1004953
I did these if thats what your talking about ? Super simple. I used super pearl dust and painted it on dry ! You can do them in all colors of choc or swirl them etc ! I have tried the Luster Dust yet !

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:38am
post #5481 of 11579

Some of my post didnt show.. wierd ! It said I had not tried them in Luster Dust yet !and that you can use colored choc and do swirls etc !

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:49am
post #5482 of 11579

So I haven't checked in in forever and won't even try to catch up icon_lol.gif
Just wondering what kind of fruit filling I could use that I don't have to refridgerate?Its got to handle georgia heat for a couple of hours.Thanks,Stephanie

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:50am
post #5483 of 11579

how do I post a pic directly to the forum thread?

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:20am
post #5484 of 11579

Fiddlesticks, thanks, I'm better but you know how you just have to ki nd of wear out the end of it!
Chassidyg, Thanks soo much for offering! I am hoping somebody will be going to Tn before long and can bring some back. The have 3 GFS stores there!
GrandmaG, thanks for sharing the recipe! Lost my Mom last yr also and she was a wonderful cook. My Dad had to have dessert every meal! icon_smile.gif
GrannieRose, thanks for sharing!!
tenleysmommy , I think if you use any of the sleeve fillings you would be safe to leave out. Also the Bettercreme with flavored pudding would be ok for that time I believe.

Linda

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:58am
post #5485 of 11579

tenleysmommy.. I agree with Linliv46 on the fillings !

GrandmaG Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:10am
post #5486 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by micnmax2003

how do I post a pic directly to the forum thread?

You have to add it as an attchment. Click Browse and find your PIC from your computer and click add attachment.

Synfuldelite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Synfuldelite Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:13pm
post #5487 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

My best friend after knowing my family for a few years once told me

"Friends are God's way of apologizing for family"

chassidyg Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:56pm
post #5488 of 11579

I cant find my pb topping! I was going to make some chocolate cupcakes, mix the pb with bettercreme & use that to fill and top & then sprinkle some of the reese's pb dessert topping on top..yum. IF i can find the topping, I think hubby ate the whole thing and is really not telling me,

pinkbeesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbeesugar Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:16pm
post #5489 of 11579

chassidyg........pb topping, how do i do that. Please share what i seem to be missing icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:28pm
post #5490 of 11579

Friends are God's way of apologizing for family"
I hear ya on that Synfuldelite!!
GrandmaG...We have not been able to add any pictures on this thread since they added the cupcake forum !Not sure why ? You can add links though !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%