Need Help Designing A Tiered Cake For My Fi!

Decorating By Amia Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 9:16pm by Amia

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:45am
post #1 of 4

My FI and I are getting married in 2 weeks and are having a simple civil ceremony, to be followed by a small party for our friends. The big wedding will be in a year, when we can afford to do it the way we want. Anyway, I want to make a small tiered cake for our party as a surprise for my FI. I want it to be a collaboration of things he likes but I'm having trouble coming up with an idea. He loves all things cars, movies, martial arts and retro. So far, I've decided to make gumpaste Converse to put on top. Can anyone help me brainstorm some ideas to incorporate the other things he likes? icon_cool.gif

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 4

How about making choco transfer of several cars, a person doing kung fo (or whatever form he does); and a box of popcorn? Put them around the sides of the cake.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 4

Dude, it's not a tiered cake, but if you can do a 3D car cake and then w/little converse on the bumper (instead of cans) with a 'just married' sign.

Oh, you can do a retro car from one of his favorite movies!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccr03

Dude, it's not a tiered cake, but if you can do a 3D car cake and then w/little converse on the bumper (instead of cans) with a 'just married' sign.

Oh, you can do a retro car from one of his favorite movies!

That is an AWESOME idea, but I don't think I could do a 3D cake yet! icon_eek.gif I'm still a newbie! I like kakeladi's idea too. I was also thinking, maybe do a gumpaste film reel with filmstrip floating around the cake with images of movie posters from his favorite movies (which happen to be martial arts movies so two birds with one stone icon_lol.gif ). Maybe I could find a mold for a car and do it in chocolate? I'll have to do a search online. Thanks for the ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%