Question About Gumpaste/fondant Flowers....

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 7:07am by Sugarflowers

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 6

I have the rose cutter set and a couple others. I want to get many more flower cutter/veiners to make all types of flowers like orchids, blossoms, stephanotis, hydrangeas, etc...but do I have to buy those individually or is there any company/person out there that sales flower cutter/veiners in all sorts/types of flowers in a package? I know wilton has one, but they dont have a lot of different types of flowers in their kit I dont think...just wondering!

April :0)

5 replies
pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:58am
post #2 of 6

Here is a link for some JEM cutter sets. I have never used them, but you can take a look.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=745&s=15

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:08am
post #3 of 6

Sheila at http://www.cakecraftshoppe.com/ has a HUGE inventory of all kinds of floral cutters, veiners, and accessories. She has the JEM, FMM, and other brands to choose from. She is a real sweetie to deal with too.

HTH's icon_smile.gif

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:17am
post #4 of 6

I bought the wilton gumpaste/fondant kit and it has quite a bit of cutters in it for just starting out, along with an instruction booklet.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:49am
post #5 of 6

i started out learning the wilton gumpaste flowers. be careful, the way they teach in the flower book , is sorta out of date. i do teach wilton gumpaste , and i bring it all up to date for the students. i teach them how things have changed over the years that i have been taking lessons in gumpaste. globalsugarart.com has so many cutters, veiners, etc. to choose from on their site. hth you can make filler flowers without cutters. toba garrett has a good book. nicholas lodge has good books. scot clark woolley has a good book and great videos. so check them out. michelle foster has a good video now. she is a member here on c/c , there are some on line tutorials on making gumpaste flowers.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 7:07am
post #6 of 6

A lot of flowers can be made without cutters at all, or should I say specialized cutters. You can free-hand flowers, use templates from books, make your own templates from some silk flowers. Some silk or plastic flowers/leaves can be used for veining.

A silk veining tool can be used to get the texture on a variety of petals and leaves. I have a wooden version of this tool that I prefer to use. It is more tapered and has deeper grooves. I also show how to use it in my DVD. Just follow the link in my signature to get more information.

I also love Cake Craft Shoppe. It's one of my favorite places to get all kinds of supplies.

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%