I'm Stumped, Please Help

Decorating By hwnhulahands Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 11:27am by playingwithsugar

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 10:20am
post #1 of 6

I have a baby boys 6 month birthday cake to make by friday. It is early Monday morning right now. She wants a small cake since it's just her, her husband, and their 6 month old. I'm thinking maybe a 6 or 8 inch. And she wants it cut in half with a turtle on it since he has a favorite stuffed animal that is a turtle. That's all I have and I have no idea what to do as far as decoration?! I was thinking of cutting the cake into a "moon" shape and base fondant color will be some kind of shade of blue with green and maybe brown accents. Please help me with any ideas that you can. Thank you.

5 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 10:48am
post #2 of 6

I really love the "moon" cakes, But how are you going to incorporate the turtle in there ?

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 10:49am
post #3 of 6

I was thinking of doing some kind of turtle figure on it with a baby blanket and a teddy bear or something but for sure a turtle figure as part of the deco.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 10:55am
post #4 of 6

Oh, that sounds adorable ! Be sure to post a picture when you get it done..

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:06am
post #5 of 6

What might be cute is to decorate the 6" or 8" cake like a little fishbowl or aquarium and put the turtle on the top (inside). (My friend has a little turtle and that's why I thought of this!)

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:27am
post #6 of 6

Our turtle used to like to sit on flat rocks in the sun.

Maybe you could make the cake look like a rock, and put the turtle figure on top - sunglasses and a big smile on his face. A little bottle of tanning lotion, and a towel or blanket under him, or him sitting on a beach chair. Pina Colada sitting next to him.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%