Edible Image Packaging

Business By jnestor Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 1:28am by izzybee

jnestor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnestor Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 7

I just recently (finally!) got a printer to make edible images, and a few of my family members have wanted me to print items for them to use on their own cake creations. I've been holding off becuase, how do you pack the image, so it won't dry out? I mean I have access to a lot of companies to buy packaging materials from, but I don't know where to even start on what sort of packaging to use. Plastic bag, does it have to be sealed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. : )

6 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 7

I use plain old ziplock bags and they work well for the images.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 7

Hello from Akron, Ohio!!

I use cello bags and seal them shut with an iron (I would like to have one of those heat sealers though, on the wish list).

Off to check out your website!

jnestor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnestor Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 7

An iron, really, it works? May I ask where do you get your cello bags?

oh...my site is under contruction...I am just now getting my items sent over from my ebay store...its a lot of work!! : )

MichelleM77 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 7

Yep, I never have used my iron for clothes, only crafts. LOL!! It works on the bags that have a seam down the back, not the ones that Wilton sells that aren't crinkly and don't have a seam.

Right now I'm getting my bags at Mr. Bulky's in Cuyahoga Falls because it's local and I have yet to order them in bulk (probably could save some money that way though).

MichelleM77 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 7

OMG! I just realized you meant how do you package the images, not the cookies! So sorry, having a blonde moment on a Monday.

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:28am
post #7 of 7

I use ziplocs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%