Disaster During Transport!!!!

Decorating By lindambc Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 6:01am by flowers40

Wendl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendl Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:50am
post #31 of 33

Bless your heart - that was a devastating disaster that you recovered from BEAUTIFULLY!
I need to work on squares myself - my 'worst' cake (this far) was supposed to be a two-layer square cake...well one tier shredded on me, and the lower tier started losing its corners when I was crumbcoating and I just freaked. I recovered...it became a one-tier (thank goodness it was a 'freebie' no refund needed) and despite my horror and disgust at my botched job, the birthday gal STILL raves about it and has asked me to do more cakes! icon_smile.gif I guess 'disaster' is sometimes in the eye of the beholder.
I hope the newlyweds contact you to be complimentary! I always hate driving my cakes especially where I live...
Kudos,
Wendl

gucci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gucci Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 5:21am
post #32 of 33

I am so sorry this happened to you. I got tears in my eyes when I saw the 'during pictures' because I can only imagine how you must've felt. But you did an EXCELLENT job of recovering, and I'm sure the couple was more than pleased with their cake. I find that cake decorating is stressful to begin with, and then transporting is much worse. I have yet to come up with a good way of getting my cakes to their destinations. Anyway, breathe a sigh of relief. You did it, and you did it well!

flowers40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowers40 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 6:01am
post #33 of 33

Great save! I did a tiered wedding cake last year and had a disaster happen in my car before I got to the reception hall. I didn't have it assembled and I still had the largest tier flip over into the back of my seat! I was panicked. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to repair all the damage. I think your cake still looked incredible after the repair! And I think if the cake was properly doweled, then it was going to have a problem one way or another. Thank goodness if there had to be a problem that it happened when you where there and still had time for repairs. Great job - give your self a big pat on the back!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%