How Much Do I Charge For This Cake?

Business By psanders76 Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 5:34am by psanders76

psanders76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psanders76 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:46am
post #1 of 5

Ok guys, so Im new to making cakes and this cake is my very 1st wedding cake. I made it for a friend of mine who got married today. I met a couple at the reception who are getting married in 2 months and they really liked the cake so they asked me how much would I charge for it.

The thing is that this was a gift for the bride (my friend). And once again this is the 1st wedding cake I make.

The bottom is 14" with a fresh strawberry filling, the middle is a white cake with a cream cheese filling and the top is a 6" strawberry with fresh strawberry filling.

Please help guys!! I have attached a picture for your viewing.
LL

4 replies
TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:53am
post #2 of 5

There are many topics on pricing, if you do a search and find the one that is best for you.

There is even a pricing matric on here that you can download and use.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:18am
post #3 of 5

What a beautiful cake. As Butterwench stated there are lots of threads on this topic, but to save you some time.....1) figure out your food costs for making the cake, icing and decorations. 2) Add in dowel rods, boards, electricity...etc. 3)how much time is it going to take and how much is that worth to you? 4) Delivery--how far away is the site--gas is expensive right now. Also, some venues will only let licensed and insured bakers in their venue, so check that out too. Some will ask, some won't.

Good luck and happy baking!

edith123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edith123 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:26am
post #4 of 5

I can't help you with a price, but I just wanted to say that your cake it's beutiful! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

psanders76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psanders76 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 5:34am
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your comments and advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%