How To Use A Fondant Crimper???

Decorating By Bossy Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 10:50pm by Bossy

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 4

How do you use a fondant crimper? Is it something worth purchasing or can you get the same results another way? I was surfing for cake goodies on line and saw these for the first time. Don't understand how you aply it to the fondant. I only get to play with my cake stuff during the breaks in the school year, so I'm still very new to all this!

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 4

as you know, you use them shortly after the cake has been covered, while the icing is still soft. insert a partially opened crimper, most, but not all of the way into the icing. pull the crimper together until the icing begins to puff. do not pull so far though, that the teeth marks from the crimper are stretced in the icing. you want the icing to puff, yet the teeth marks are still well shaped. i am quoting this from marsha winbeckler's book. you can do the cake board with crimpers also and the bottom border and top border. i have several different shapes. i see them being used in the different magazines i get . i think they make beautiful designs. hth

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 4

You can do all kinds of great things with them, I love them. here is a cake with some use of them on it:

http://sugaredproductions.com/images/green1.jpg

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 4

OOOOHHH! I get it now that I've seen your picture Sharon! I would never have envisioned that with just a written description and the picture of the tool. The crimped design on the cake baord just lies down flat again after you crimp it? I am going to be so poor but happy trying all this cake stuff. Can't wait until summer break so I can do more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%