Sponge Bob..... For A Girl...........

Decorating By golfgirl1227 Updated 3 May 2008 , 3:45pm by 7yyrt

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:59am
post #1 of 9

Need to do a cake for my niece in May. She wants Sponge Bob. Her mom is going to kind of play off the pineapple thing and use a lot of those for decorations. Maybe pull in some of the tropical thing. I need some help with a cake. I can do whatever I want. Not sure on the size yet, but doesn't matter. I can always adapt ideas to the size or use dummies, lol.

That being said....any ideas. Sponge Bob drives me nuts, so I'm having trouble with this one. I though about doing a pineapple on top, like his house. I've seen some in the gallery with that. But don't necessarily want to have all the other characters involved. Any suggestions on making it a little more girly?

TIA!

Oh yeah, I have searched the gallery and did a google image search as well.

8 replies
lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:07am
post #2 of 9

Maybe make him into a girl....like put a skirt on him and some flowery necklace and a hair bow. Then you could call him "spongebabe". It's late, just thought that was a fun idea. I know how that is, I have a niece how picked Thomas the train for her 2 yr. birthday. good luck.

golfgirl1227 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:07am
post #3 of 9

Thanks, maybe he could wear a grass skirt and a coconut bra and lei, lol.

I hear you, I did Thomas for my daughter's 3rd b-day.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:16am
post #4 of 9

I'd just play it straight and give her Sponge Bob. Kids know what they want. I did a character for a kid and changed one little thing and he hated it because it didn't look like the character he'd expectd. If she wanted a "girlie" cake, she probably would have asked for Dora or some princess thing.

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 9

I've done a particular Spongebob cake 3 times. Once for a boy and the othe r2 times for girls. The last time I did it I use some pink "flowers' like are in the sky on the show to give it some girliness. You can see them in my pics.

golfgirl1227 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 9

They are wanting to make it a little more girly. Wasn't just my idea to girl it up, lol. Thanks for the other suggestions.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:35am
post #7 of 9

You could do Sandy Cheeks....she's a girl on SB. I'm not sure how you'd do the glass bowl over her head tho.

I like the Pineapple theme and your idea is totally doable. You could make the house, have pink star fish or other "girly" color sea flowers/coral around the house as his garden. I would then buy a small plastic spongebob and have him standing next to it. Girly, and still making it a spongebob theme.

JORA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JORA Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 9

If you decide to do a pineapple under the sea, the wilton 3d egg pan works great for it. I just did a spongebob cake using it. It turned out nice.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%