Questions About Satin Ice Fondant

Decorating By MomLittr Updated 1 May 2008 , 2:56pm by SLK

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:15pm
post #31 of 36

"Once I got a couple of bigger (for me) orders, I thought "I've arrived. I'm not making any more MMF."

That is exactly what I thought when I ordered my first 20-lb tub. I'm really in business now! icon_razz.gif

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:20pm
post #32 of 36

That is so funny - mee too!!!! I felt the same way. I paid $79 for my first 20 lb bucket...didn't know either. Now I know....

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:30pm
post #33 of 36

oh i love satin ice! I ordered it and used it for the first time last weekend for a three tiered sorority formal and they said all the guests there kept commenting how great the cake tasted! I love the taste..i used wilton before because of my class but wilton is more expensive and its disgusting. satin ice is so yummy!

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:34pm
post #34 of 36

I covered a 14, 10, 6 round tiered cake (its the cake in my profile pic to the left) and i only used around 3-31/2 pounds of satin ice....i think i may have rolled it a little too thin but it turned out great and smooth!

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:54am
post #35 of 36

What is shipping for the 20 lb bucket from IntoTheOven.com ?

And I have a question for the poster that said she used glycerine in her MMF recipe - how much do you add?

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:56pm
post #36 of 36

I just bought 27 lbs of product from them and shipping was $11.27 for ground.

I always select ground with them and it's always here within 2 days - 3 days at the most.

Back in the day when I made mmf - I used to add 2 tbs of glycerine per batch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%