A Note Of Gratitude And Appreciation...........

Decorating By Prudence Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 11:22am by lauralee422

Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 36

Hey fellow CC'ers-

I have decided to take a moment and start this thread, with a positive vibe.

Words can not describe how much I appreciate all of you and CC. The amount of knowledge that has been shared, the giood friends that I have made are tru;y PRICELESS.

This site has had it's share of misfortune over the last few months. We, as a community, need to stand together and support Jackie, Heath and the gang for pulling it back together for us. thumbs_up.gif

I am here, everyday, and am not going anywhere! Thaks SO much for all that you do! This bad run will be over soon!!

Prudence icon_biggrin.gif

35 replies
yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 36

I agree...don't kick CC while she's down! It's temporary...and this love affair won't end that easily!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 36

My sentaments exactly!

Joybeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joybeth Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 36

U GO JACKIE AND HEATH!!!! I LOVE CC! I am a new cdecorator and I have learned so much from this site. THANKS CC!!

jwong9664 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwong9664 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 36

i have learned almost everything i know from this site and i've got quite a bit to learn even still lol! thank you so much everyone for all that you contribute and to Heath and Jackie for having patience not only w/ the servers but w/ us too! one thing i didn't happen to learn on the site but that my mama did teach me is... PATIENCE is a virtue! thanks again to everyone, yall rock!

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 36

Hear, hear!

bizcocho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizcocho Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:12pm
post #7 of 36

Amen to everything!

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 36

Amen here too!!

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:22pm
post #9 of 36

We are all lucky that this site even exist without a membership fee being charged for the weatlh of information that we are all able to get from here.

Site is down? HUM find something else to do. Spend time with the family, make up dummy cakes gezz I'd hate to think that my daily existance depended on a website.

Don't get me wrong - I'm on here everyday but if it's down o.k. it's just down nothing can be done just deal with it.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:22pm
post #10 of 36

another good post!

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:27pm
post #11 of 36

We are all lucky that this site even exist without a membership fee being charged for the weatlh of information that we are all able to get from here.

Site is down? HUM find something else to do. Spend time with the family, make up dummy cakes gezz I'd hate to think that my daily existance depended on a website.

Don't get me wrong - I'm on here everyday but if it's down o.k. it's just down nothing can be done just deal with it.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:55pm
post #12 of 36

I love CC & I know these problems are only temporary. I do feel for Jackie & Heath, they are having a hard time, I appreciate them & all my friends on CC.

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:03pm
post #13 of 36

Ditto!

While a senior CC memeber decided to leave and loose the oportunity to shore s many good experiences with our awesome fellow CCers we I will be as a supporting member eager to see our better and improve CakeCentral!

grami948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grami948 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:06pm
post #14 of 36

I'm just a grandma who enjoys baking for the family. Nothing fancy in anyway but thanks to Cake Central, my grandkids think my cakes rock! My husband & I are on a fixed income so I have honestly appreciated beyond words EVERYTHING that Heath & Jackie have done to keep this site open to everyone. I try not to say anything about money as I know many of you are business people & truly have so much more at stake than I. Thus, I shall now keep my peace. Just wanted to thank Heath & Jackie for their dedication to everyone who loves baking... professional or just a plain old Grami.

likitiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
likitiki Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:09pm
post #15 of 36

I would love to join in on this very POSITIVE thank you!
Melissa

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:18pm
post #16 of 36

I totally agree with all of you ! I am addicted to CC and proud of it !! I have taken several decorating classes, Wilton and others, and I did not learn as much in all of those classes combined as I do in one visit to this wonderful site. I think it is ludacris to leave the site just because of a few technical difficulties. In truth it may have been a good thing that the site has been down a little while, I am actually getting some work done and going to bed at night instead of being on the computer !!! (hehe)
Thank you Jackie and Heath and everyone else that have worked and are still working to give all of us this wonderful gift that is CC.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:20pm
post #17 of 36

You ROCK Jackie and Heath!!

Without CC I'd never have learned so much about cakes and cookies - and FREE. Everytime anyone asks if I went to school to learn how to make my cakes I tell them about CC.

This place is invaluable to me icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and I must say a huge THANK YOU to all CC members who have inspired me and given me the wealth of knowledge I've learned so far. I even met a great friend who lives nearby because of CC.

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:23pm
post #18 of 36

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! It is great that this site is Free, and I am so thankful that I am able to start cake/cookie decorating and not have to attend classes. A wealth of information for the newbie to experienced.

Hang in there!!! It will all come together soon.

kcat3740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcat3740 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:24pm
post #19 of 36

I agree WONDERFUL SITE and THANK YOU JACKIE AND HEATH! I too have had withdrawals while cc has been down and am ecstactic that it is back,. I tried looking at other cake sites and there is really nothing else like this. We are so fortunate to have this community and kudos up to the moon and back to Jackie and Heath for making it possible!
Karon

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:27pm
post #20 of 36

I don't really know all to much of what's been going with others complaining or leaving and I'm glad I don't. I get the gist of it though.
I'm here to stay. Heath and Jackie are both amazing and deserve to be supported. They are updating this wonderful site for us! If it's not up and running go do something else with your time instead.

Imagine if you worked tirelessly for months planning and executing the largest wedding cake ever and did it all for free for someone you cared for. On their wedding day you didn't get a single thank you and they told you that the pink shade wasn't exactly right and then flipped the whole table over on you. How would you feel? Well that's basically what been happening on CC with people complaining non-stop and saying that their leaving. Let's not behave the same way to Heath and Jackie. We are all adults for the most part on this forum, lets act like it.

THANK YOU HEATH AND JACKIE FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!

pinktea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinktea Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:08pm
post #21 of 36

Hey Jackie and Heath ,

Love you guys. I have visited other sites , some requiring membership, and I have not found a better site yet. Yes, I admit slamming my fist on the desk when the site is down icon_wink.gif but I can't help myself , I am a CC addict!!!!

Things happen. Many times beyond our control and that's expected. I consider CC as family. I really do. Family doesn't run when problems arise and times get tough. They stick together and work it out TOGETHER .

Stickin in there!!!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:32am
post #22 of 36

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA party.gifparty.gifparty.gificon_lol.gif
CAKE CENTRAL IS UP AND RUNNING. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET ON MULTIPLE TIMES!!! party.gif

THANK YOU JACKIE AND HEATH! Now get some sleep...I know they are not even reading this because they are trying to get the site proper! So....

thank you icon_wink.gif

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:39am
post #23 of 36

This site is SO great. The fact that is here - and FREE is amazing.
And THANK YOU to everyone who is here everyday sharing their experience and helping others. icon_biggrin.gif

I can't believe how much I have learned here since January. I hope to learn a lot more.

I've missed it a bit since it's been having problems - but I was getting pretty addicted. So that's ok. Now I am back, but with some better moderation! icon_lol.gif

THANKS!!!!

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:48am
post #24 of 36

When I happened upon this site a year and a half ago looking for an idea for my sister's birthday cake, I had no idea that I was going to find such a wonderful site. I offer my most sincere gratitude to Jackie and Heath for all of their hard work they put in so that I can feed my cake central addiction. I have learned everything I know about decorating from this site and it's wonderful members. I know I miss CC when it is down, but I would miss it and my fellow CCers even more if I left. This is a wonderful community of people, and we should all be thankful that we have a Free place to exchange our ideas, recipes, thoughts and emotions.

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:54am
post #25 of 36

Thank you, thank you, Heath and Jackie. I LOVE this site and will be here everyday, patiently waiting for the issue to be resolved. icon_biggrin.gif

cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:15am
post #26 of 36

My sincerest thanks to Jackie and Heath and all who helped them get this site back to where we can use it again. I'm so grateful. I didn't realize how much I depended on it until I couldn't get to it. We're so blessed to have such a large community of friends and family who love sugar but more than that are open hearted and don't mind helping when it's 2 AM and you've had a problem. Thank you again Heath and Jackie. Love from TN!!!

lanuevarepostera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanuevarepostera Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:25am
post #27 of 36

Hey I love this site too and i have learned a lot of new things i am a new baker and i love it and thanks a lot to everybody thanks heath and jackie also my husband know s a lot of computer and maybe he can help anything to keep cc up thankssssssssssss

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:28am
post #28 of 36

It's 9:30 PM, kids are in bed, CC is up & I'm posting...life is sooooo goodicon_smile.gif

Paula

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:37am
post #29 of 36

I love Cake Central! I am addicted, I appreciate all the work of Jackie, Heath and the gang and all you baker / decorator ladies for sharing your knowledge!

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:44am
post #30 of 36

Thank you Heath and Jackie (and everyone else) for everything you have, are and will do. You are great people and I have learned so much from this site. Keep up the great work and know you are appreciated!

Amber

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%