Can't Log-In To Cake Central At Night!!!!

Decorating By lomikesa Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm by marybible

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 32

I can't log in to Cake Central at night for the past 5 nights, I even went to my sisters to see if it is my internet (I have Earthlink), she has Bellsouth, the same thing happened. I get this message that the Website is unavailable. But during day I have no problems.

Is anyone having this problem? I can't stand this anymore!!! I need my CC!!!

Lomikesa

31 replies
Danacakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danacakes65 Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 32

I have the same problem,its so frustrating. Iknow what you mean about needing cc,its completely addictive...

GIAcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIAcakes Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 32

Yes, I am having the same problem. The page just keeps loading forever until I finally just have to giveup. I just logged on right now (1:30 pm) with no problems. It's the only site I am having problems with, so I know it's not my internet provider.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:59am
post #4 of 32

I have problems during the day! So I have been logging on in the early AM, and then it seems to go down for the day around noonish. Maybe its overload?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:04am
post #5 of 32

I can get on from about 430 in the morning till around 8 am and then no go the rest of the day! icon_confused.gif
Any one know what's up?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:07am
post #6 of 32

I can't log in between the hours of 8 AM and 1 AM. No, not 1AM to 8 AM, I'm talking 17 hours straight!

So glad my day starts at 4:30 AM, so I can get on for a little while.

Anyone who wants to keep in touch in between should send me a PM with their e-mail address, and I will put it into my address book on my server.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Texan68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texan68 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:10am
post #7 of 32

Hello.......my name is Paula and I'm a CC-aholic!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I'm having the same problem and YES it's just maddening!!!! icon_mad.gif As long as I log-in early in the morning, I have no problem! It's 5:00am here in Texas and I'm supposed to be getting ready for work! icon_lol.gif Recently at work they've installed a new and improved spam-blocker and that won't let me through until around 11:30am thru 1:00pm. I guess that's when we can surf the net freely. Anyhow, I haven't been able to log-in to CC at that time either!!! I'm having serious withdrawls!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

Blazer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blazer Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:26am
post #8 of 32

I can only seem to log in early in the morning, the rest of the day the site just will not load. My hubby gets up @ 4 to get to work so I get up now with him and log in. He thinks I have decided to spend more time with him in the morning, well OK sure honey lol icon_confused.gif

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:31am
post #9 of 32

Oh my gosh! icon_surprised.gif I'm not the only one! I can only log in early in the morning, after that no CC for the rest of the day!!!!!!!! I'm freakin out! It's terrible that I'm this dependent on CC, but I can't help it. It's where I come for inspiration, questions answered, and a good laugh every now and again. I really hope the problem is fixed soon. I'm almost afraid to log off now. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

lara3teach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lara3teach Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:35am
post #10 of 32

I'm having the same problems and finding myself on early in the morning as well. I didn't realize how addicted I was to this site until I couldn't get on regularly! icon_redface.gif Hopefully all will be well soon!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:46am
post #11 of 32

I can only log in at night, but that's because I'm in a different time zone, I just wish I knew what was going on

seraphim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seraphim Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:55am
post #12 of 32

I cannot get on in the evenings here in the UK, I thought that it must be because of the time difference that was busiest time in the US but I guess its not just me!

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:08am
post #13 of 32

There's just not enough time to get my CC "fix" before going to work in the morning, but that seems to be the only time I can access the site.I too am guessing that it's an overload issue.

Although I am able to post in the forums, I still can't order at the store this morning. I am trying desperately to place an order and want to add a donation (I'm sure that could help with any updates that they are needing.)

I NEED my CC !!

Kitty484 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitty484 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:11am
post #14 of 32

I'm in the UK and I haven't been able to get the site up on screen at all in the evenings! I just get a server error.
It's fine during the day though.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:12am
post #15 of 32

I'm right there with you all!! icon_cry.gif I can log on for a while in the early am. then around 11 am or so, not again. sure is very frustrating, I need my CC too!! icon_cry.gif I get right in the middle of a cake design/thing and need to hop on for inspiration/help and get the screen blanked in my face. NOT SO GOOD!!! icon_cry.gif

Any clues or ideas what that is all about? detective.gif

C-Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
C-Lady Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:12am
post #16 of 32

Boy, I feel like I'm loosing my best friend. I'm pretty new to CC and can't believe I've found such a wonderful place and now to hear that CC may not be around anymore is devastating. Since the siteâs been down I've been forced to search other forums and I can truly say, none of them compare to CC.

Please Heath and Jackie, make this a subscription site. I know this goes against what you intend for this site, and I, and I'm sure every CC member, appreciates you guys so much for trying to keep this a free site, but I think this thing has gotten bigger than all of us. In checking out some other sites, I noticed that they don't seem to have the server problems that CC does and thatâs because not one of them have the amount of usage or members that you do. This is truly the BEST site going.

Please think about it and let your loyal subscribers help out. We owe it to CC and you for the outstanding job youâve already done.

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:14am
post #17 of 32

I thought it was just me!! The only time of day that I can get in is in the early morning. The rest of the day and evening...forget it! I have to get my cc fix first thing in the am before starting work!!

Nancy

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:16am
post #18 of 32

I can only log on before 7:30 a.m. EST. After that, it SQL error the rest of the day. (SQL is a server/software problem) This latest "fix" just isn't working.

amycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amycake Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:17am
post #19 of 32

The same thing happens to me. Mostly late afternoon and night time. I thought it was my computer at work, but now I know it must not be if you are all having the same trouble. I am so addicted to this place that I am lost when I can not get in.... icon_sad.gif

amycake

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:25am
post #20 of 32

I admire Jackie and Heath for all they are doing!!!
I know they are frustrated as much (probably more) than we are...

For those of you that are asking for a paid membership site.....why don't you just DONATE? Why do you have to have it forced upon us? There are donation banners all over this site....Instead of pleading to Jackie and Heath for a paid membership....just click on the banner and set up a monthly donation...DONE! If even half of us donated $1 each month, I am sure that would be a HUGE help!

Jackie and Heath have always promised that this is to be a free site and they will never go to a paid membership. I THANK THEM SO MUCH FOR THAT!!! Not all of us are in business and do not make any money from our cakes.

I love CC and am so grateful for all of you!
Lish

thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:26am
post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer

I can only seem to log in early in the morning, the rest of the day the site just will not load. My hubby gets up @ 4 to get to work so I get up now with him and log in. He thinks I have decided to spend more time with him in the morning, well OK sure honey lol icon_confused.gif

LOL, Blazer you making me laugh so early.
It is 7:00am this is the only time I can log in.

I decided to donate $1.00 a month, maybe everyone should do that, it is just a dollar. Think about it wouldnt you want to spend $1.00 every month for this wonderful site.

Lomikesa

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:28am
post #22 of 32

Same problem here . I can get on in the morning but not when I get home from work or for the entire evening. I too am having wihdrawal symptoms. I'm sure it will get fixed but I need my CC fix after work.

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:31am
post #23 of 32

ditto ditto to everyone's log in problems. I'm missing my CCicon_sad.gif

mbh724 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbh724 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:33am
post #24 of 32

If everyone pitches in a little something, we would all benefit. I just made my donation.

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:42am
post #25 of 32

it seems i can't ever get on. i would definitely pay a membership fee if the site changed over to that. during the last crash i started donating $5 a month but i'd be willing to pay more for a membership if i knew that the site would be up and running smoothly.

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:44am
post #26 of 32

Same here with the log in problems. Mornings are the only time I can get in here and then that doesn't even last for a long time.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:47am
post #27 of 32

Yes, I have the same problem. I thought this only happens to me, 'cause I'm from UK. I thought the mambers in US can log in any time. Guess I was wrong.

It is soooo frustating. I log in to cc in the morning, but having two kids at home ( eldest is not feeling these days ) makes it really difficult. Can't concentrate properly.

I want peace and quiet and enjoy cc.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:49am
post #28 of 32

I saw on google that there is some litigation going on with CC and sugar craft I wonder if they're just busier getting sued and with that whole thing........scary!!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:53am
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheflish

I admire Jackie and Heath for all they are doing!!!
I know they are frustrated as much (probably more) than we are...

For those of you that are asking for a paid membership site.....why don't you just DONATE? Why do you have to have it forced upon us? There are donation banners all over this site....Instead of pleading to Jackie and Heath for a paid membership....just click on the banner and set up a monthly donation...DONE! If even half of us donated $1 each month, I am sure that would be a HUGE help!

Jackie and Heath have always promised that this is to be a free site and they will never go to a paid membership. I THANK THEM SO MUCH FOR THAT!!! Not all of us are in business and do not make any money from our cakes.

I love CC and am so grateful for all of you!
Lish

thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

We DO donate. But donating and still having problems indicates that it isn't enough, which implies that only a small percentage of members donate. Surely you can see why it would be frustrating to keep donating and still have problems with the site. I am sure that Jackie and Heath are doing all that can be done with the funds they have. Which is why a small subscription fee would help. They could even do tiered membership for tiered fees. And with the size of the CC family, it wouldn't have to be much, some small token per year. I'm sure skipping a couple of Starbucks coffees or dinners at McDonald's would cover the minimal cost required, even if one doesn't sell their cakes. JMO thumbs_up.gif

Blazer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blazer Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 12:08pm
post #30 of 32

I really LOVE this site, being very new to this and not in an area that offers decorating classes, I have been able to do a few simple but cute cakes for things at my church just by reading the posts and tips and looking at the pictures. Some of the pictures on this site are just FAB! WOW, so anyway, have made my donation and hope everyone can pitch in something and keep this up and runnning icon_smile.gif it's really a great site and every one is super nice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%