Omg! My Weight Is Out Of Control

Lounge By adonisthegreek1 Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 9:50am by susies1955

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:25pm
post #151 of 178

I haven't been totally following the WW plan lately, and I think that is part of my problem. I need to go to their message boards for ideas, support, whatever, and they are SO HATEFUL at WW. The members are mean. Like yesterday, a poster who was new started a thread how she was losing her resolve, was discouraged and frustrated, and she was attacked. The first reply was nice, the next one was "Get yourself a pair of big girl panties" and it went downhill from there. They were calling this girl names like "asstrout". Whatever that is!

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #152 of 178

I bet you getting back to the ww plan will help out.
I wouldn't even bother going to a forum like that.
There are some great yahoo groups that you could join. I love yahoo groups. icon_smile.gif I'm in 25 of them.
I just looked and there are weight watcher support groups, one of ww crock pot recipes etc. etc.
Some of the groups have many members therefore they can have over 2,800 messages a month. A lot to keep up with. You can choose no mail though and read it on the group site.
Here's one that is busy:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Serious-Weight-Watchers/
Here is a WW support group but busy:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Weight_Watchers_Member_Support_Group
Here is one that is only 300 messages a month:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Weight_Watching_Friends
Crock pot one:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WWWCrockpot
Good luck,
Susie

michellenj Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm
post #153 of 178

Hey, thanks! I will check them out. 25 groups! You are a busy girl.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 5:33pm
post #154 of 178

I look forward to my weigh in on Friday. I've been doing a very good job with smart food choices. I haven't been on CC too much, because it's been running so slow.

I do need to increase the exercise though. My feet have really been bothering me. I went to the doctor and found that I have tendonitis in both feet. He's given me a prescription and scheduled physical therapy.

susies1955 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #155 of 178

Are you saying good food choosing or is Smart Food Choices a program? Can't wait to see what you have lost.
Yes, I don't even read CC anymore. Too many messages and too many server problems.
OUCH, hope you get your feet fixed.
Susie

adonisthegreek1 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:36pm
post #156 of 178

Hi Susie, I just mean good food choices. I can't stick with programs. I get bored with their limited menus.

susies1955 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:49pm
post #157 of 178

Oh I see what you mean.
I've followed low calorie, low fat and low carb and they all do work but a pain in the a**!
I like just eating whatever I want but not as much as I would like and walking some. icon_smile.gif Of course I'm not following that much either. LOL!
Hope you do well,
Susie

susies1955 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 9:10am
post #158 of 178

It's my weigh in day. I'm down a pound from last week. I've lost a total of 6! I know what it takes to lose but I seem to be uncommitted for the most part.
I want to get this 6 off before winter for sure. icon_smile.gif
Susie

JENNSCAKES90909 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JENNSCAKES90909 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:41am
post #159 of 178

Hey everyone,

I have 3 kids and never really gained alot of weight I always stayed around 185-190. After 3 surgeries though I found myself at the beginning of this yr weighing in at 263 lbs. I tried it all , the diets exercise nothing worked.

A friend of mine told me about this doctor that her hairstylist saw and the diet he put her on.

I asked for a copy of the diet and I have to tell you that I havent looked back after 8 weeks for myself I have lost 38 lbs and counting, my boyfriend (because men are so lucky) has been on it for 4 weeks now has lost 32.

I am posting a copy if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Hope it helps.

HERE GOES

SOME RULES FIRST:

1. NO CHINESE FOOD
2 NO PORK
3. YOU HAVE TO HAVE 1/2 A CUP OF ORANGE JUICE OR GRAPEFRUIT JUICE EVERYDAY.

4. YOU CAN ONE FROM EACH CATEGORY EACH DAY IN ANY ORDER THAT YOU WANT.

5 YOU CAN CONSUME ANY AMOUNT OF DIET DRINKS, COFFEE, OR TEA WITHOUT CREAM
EAT LETTUCE3, CELERY , CARROTS AND CUCUMBERS THROUGHOUT THE DAY TO KEEP THE MUNCHIES AT BAY.

BREAKFEAST:

1. ONE EGG, SOFT BOILED OR POACHED WITH ONE SLICE OF LIGHT BREAD.

OR

2. 1 CUP OF CORN FLAKES WITH 1/2 CUP OF SKIM MILK

OR

3. 1/2 CUP OATMEAL WITH 1 CUP OF SKIM MILK

OR

4. 1/2 CUP OF COTTAGE CHEESE WITH ONE SLICE OF LIGHT BREAD

AND YOUR 1/2 CUP OF ORANGE OR GRAPEFRUIT JUICE.

LUNCH

1. FRESH FRUIT SALAD AND 1/2 CUP COTTAGE CHEESE

OR

2. SMALL TOSSED SALAD AND LIGHT DRESSING, ONE SLICE OF BREAD AND CHOICE OF FRUIT,

OR

3. CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH

4. 8 OZ OF YOGURT (FIBER ONE IS REALLY GOOD AND YOU NEED ALL OF THE FIBER YOU CAN GET WITH THIS DIET)

DINNER.

1. 3 MEDIUM SLICE OF ROASTED CHICKEN AND 1 CUP OF GREEN VEGETABLES WITH 1/2 A BAKED POTATOE

OR

2. 6 OUNCES OF FISH OR MEAT WITH 1/2 BAKED POTATO OR SLICE OF LIGHT BREAD AND 1/2 CUP OF VEGETABLES

OR

3. ONE SERVING OF LEAN CUISINE OR HEALTHY CHOICE DIET ENTREE WITH CHOICE OF FRUIT.

4. 1/4 LB BROILED HAMBURGER, AND 1/2 CUP MASHED POTATOES WITH 1/2 CUP OF GREEN VEGETABLES

ALL OF YOUR DINNER CHOICES CAN BE COOKED ANY WAY YOU LIKE AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT FRY ANY OF THEM.

WHEN BUYING ITEMS FOR YOUR CHOICES FAT FREE DOES NOT ALWAYS EQUAL LOW IN SUGAR OR NO SUGAR. PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE SUGAR COUNT. AND BUY THE ITEM WITH THE LOWEST SUGAR COUNT.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER MORE THAN THE 8 80ZS OF WATER A DAY IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT IN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS. ON AVERAGE YOU WILL LOOSE ANYWHERE BETWEN 15-20 LBS IN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS.

HAVE FUN.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:23am
post #160 of 178

I have triplets and weight 210 pounds 2 years from post pregnancy weight. I felt like a fat whale.. I joined Weight weighters and in 2 years lost 100 pounds. I am 5'6 and weigh 110 depending.

I recommend keep a food journal. I kept track of every piece of food that I ate. Once I saw how much I learned to adjust my portions.

I walk, swim, or play with my three kids at the park for cardio.

When I was overweight, I ate a lot of JUNK FOOD. If you stay away from junk food or anything with sugar the weight will come off.

Good luck

susies1955 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:09am
post #161 of 178

JENNSCAKES90909 and bundtdiva,
Great job on the weight loss. Glad you both found the key for yourselves on how to get the weight off and maintain it.
Where in NY are you bundtdiva???????
Susie

susies1955 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 7:35am
post #162 of 178

Well tomorrow is the last day of June and the SECOND 10 pounds off challenge is over. How are you all doing?
Today is my weigh in day and I'm down 2 pounds (124). icon_smile.gif
I now have lost 8 pounds total.
I plan to have the other 2 off at the latest in a few weeks. My goal is another 2 after that.
Susie

susies1955 Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 8:23am
post #163 of 178

Well here it is July 1st and our SECOND challenge to lost 10 pounds is over. Did anyone make it or come close?
I came close.............I'VE LOST 9! icon_smile.gif
There doesn't seem to be much interest in the challenge anymore so I guess I'll just go the last three pounds I want to lose on my own. This challenge I have to say was great though as it got me going.
Good luck gals,
Susie

adonisthegreek1 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:01pm
post #164 of 178

Hi susie, I am close, but not quite 10 pounds. So far I've lost 8. It's been up and down for me. I'm going to keep trying and see how it goes on Friday, when I actually weigh in. I am going to try the diet that Jennscakes posted above. That won't be until I get back from vacation again though. We've rented a beach-front cabin for 2 weeks so I'm not going to try the diet until I get home. I'll continue to make sensible choices, but if i want some chocolate or cake...I'm not going to sacrifice everything. That's torture.

I wish everyone well and I'll be popping back here and there.

susies1955 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 2:32pm
post #165 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonisthegreek1

Hi susie, I am close, but not quite 10 pounds. So far I've lost 8.

Great job on the 8 pounds gone.
Make that piece of cake small. icon_smile.gif
Have fun,
Susie

michellenj Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm
post #166 of 178

Hi ladies, good job on the weight loss. I AM EXACTLY WHERE I STARTED, UGHHHHHHHHHHH. I've been running 30+ miles per week, and eating a strict diet. I know that I have said this before, but I think this is the weight that my body wants me to be. 5'3" and 125# isn't so bad, I guess. My body is slim and muscular, except for my midsection, and considering the fact that I was 200# twice with my kids, I suppose a flabby, disgusting midsection is to be expected.

Good for you all, and I'm going to stay on the Weight Watchers plan, just to be healthy.

Michelle

susies1955 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 8:46pm
post #167 of 178

Hi Michelle,
I don't know how old you are but I'm 52 and at this age my face has gotten thinner and drawn out/down. icon_smile.gif You know what I mean?
I think 125 for that height is great.
I use to try to be 115 to 118 but as I age 120 to 125 looks better.
I was 123 this morning but went to an ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET today with some quilting buddies. OH MY GOODNESS! I know I ate enough for two days.
Susie who is back on track. icon_smile.gif

tiggerbounce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerbounce Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:18am
post #168 of 178

Room for me?
I have to lose half of me. Sigh.
My clothes have been getting looser and I have been walking swimming, biking, playing tennis, racquetball, flag football, and ultimate frisbee. Ya think the scale is moving? NO! (*&^%%!!!!!

After a couple of weeks I got on the scale and the past couple of days have been a buffet. Just gets frustrating. KWIM?

Found out chlorine makes me ill, ill, ill. So not likely to swim much anymore. I am thinking of starting to run and I really enjoy tennis and racquetball and golfing.

Seriously, I have to lose at least 75 pounds. Depressing.

Thank goodness it is garden season.

tiggerbounce Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:18am
post #169 of 178

Room for me?
I have to lose half of me. Sigh.
My clothes have been getting looser and I have been walking swimming, biking, playing tennis, racquetball, flag football, and ultimate frisbee. Ya think the scale is moving? NO! (*&^%%!!!!!

After a couple of weeks I got on the scale and the past couple of days have been a buffet. Just gets frustrating. KWIM?

Found out chlorine makes me ill, ill, ill. So not likely to swim much anymore. I am thinking of starting to run and I really enjoy tennis and racquetball and golfing.

Seriously, I have to lose at least 75 pounds. Depressing.

Thank goodness it is garden season.

susies1955 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:52am
post #170 of 178

Room for you? Of course. icon_smile.gif
Have you ever written down all you eat and kept track of calories? I find that when I do that I lose. Actually I just keep a running total in my head as the day goes on. Sure can't eat much when you are at goal and want to stay there.
You could be down to goal by this time next year if you figure out that it is the calories and adjust.
Hope things start moving for you,
Susie

tiggerbounce Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:38pm
post #171 of 178

Yay! I'm in!

Yeah, I use fitday.com. that is what is so frustrating. Grrrr. I try to be between 1200 and 1400 calories. I am short on patience though. sigh.

Ok, Monday morning a date with the treadmill.

susies1955 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:51pm
post #172 of 178

That sounds like a good calorie count to have. Fitday is great. I used it for a few years and now I don't even need it. icon_smile.gif
I try to stay 1,000 to 1,200 but I have too because I'm near goal.
Hope it all goes well.
Keep us posted.
Susie

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:09am
post #173 of 178

Tiggerbounce I'm the same and I'm hoping I could join in this as well, if that's OK with everyone.

I need to lose about 90 pounds and feel absolutely disgusting. I'm going for a trial at an all women's gym tonight, so hopefully that will help.

My eating is fine all day but then goes hay wire when the kids go to bed. I need to stop my late night eating cause that's what's making me pile on the weight.

susies1955 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:32am
post #174 of 178

Hi Mary,
You can see by the first message that this group started out with short gals that needed to lose just 10 pounds but I'm sure that anyone can join in....... icon_smile.gif at least that is what I think. Others may chime in.
Try making yourself a RULE. NO eating after supper. Try it for a week. If you can do it that long, you can do it forever. I make rules for myself all the time like no lunch until I go for walk.
Keep at it,
Susie

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:36am
post #175 of 178

Thanks for that Susie. And if anyone has any objections please let me know.

susies1955 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:53am
post #176 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryak

Thanks for that Susie. And if anyone has any objections please let me know.

Keep us posted! icon_smile.gif
Susie

susies1955 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 9:00am
post #177 of 178

I wrote the description of this thread wrong. Adonisthegreek1 started this thread and wrote of being underweight all of her life and then gaining quite a bit of weight after having kids and then the discussion went to short gals with a short amount to still lose and having trouble doing it.
Thought I'd clear that up. My mistake.
Have a great week.
SEE YOU "LIGHTER"! icon_smile.gif
Susie

susies1955 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:50am
post #178 of 178

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING? icon_smile.gif
I'm finally down my ten pounds weighing in at 122. My original goal was 120 but this weight is fine. Face looks too thin to go lower. I need a face lift. LOL!
We are leaving for a vacation to VT, NH, and ME on Mon. or Tues. and I plan to have fun not only on the Harley, with activities but also with eating. icon_smile.gif I will be somewhat careful but hey we plan to go through the Ben & Jerry's tour and we have never had Lobster. I also want to try and find a candy/fudge/sweet tour. icon_smile.gif
Hope you all are doing well,
Susie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%