Cookie Design Opinions Needed

Baking By cookieman Updated 29 Mar 2008 , 2:21pm by kneadacookie

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 21

What do you all think about this cookie design for a "sophisticated" look? Maybe a birthday or an anniversary? (Click on the image and it will get slightly bigger.)

I visited Papyrus (an amazing card store with high-end cards, stationary, wrapping paper, invitations, etc.) today and these colors seemed to be everywhere. Thanks for your help.
LL

20 replies
pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 21

beautiful!! Chocolate covered graham cracker also popped into my head for this design icon_biggrin.gif.. very elegant!!!

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:11am
post #3 of 21

Thanks pikle. Great idea!

Anyone else have any opinions? All critiques/comments are welcome!

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:55am
post #4 of 21

I think it would make an awesome cookie. I can see a wedding cake too, lol.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 11:58am
post #5 of 21

It'll make a beautiful cookie!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:13pm
post #6 of 21

You could use that design and adapt the colors of any wedding. I love it! It's going into my fav's!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:28pm
post #7 of 21

love the design and the colors. you could also swap out the monogram for a simple design...heart, flower, number...the possibilities are endless

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

love the design and the colors. you could also swap out the monogram for a simple design...heart, flower, number...the possibilities are endless

I'm working on one now for Mother's Day in pinks where I swapped out the initial for the word "Mom" and added a few little flowers. I will try to post it later.

I will hopefully be making some prototype cookies by next week. I'll post pics when they are done.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions--they are very much appreciated! icon_smile.gif

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 1:50pm
post #9 of 21

That is really nice. That can be more your "manly" style cookie for like a grooms dessert table at a wedding or something. Its not too fru-fru or anything. Very classic icon_smile.gif

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:44pm
post #10 of 21

Very nice. Can I ask how you get those lines so straight? Just starting with this stuff

Also wondering
chqtpi where you are located. I am also upstate, 40 minutes east of albany

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:23pm
post #11 of 21

Toleshed:

I am 45 minutes southeast of Syracuse...Fingerlakes area icon_smile.gif one of my very good friends lives in your neck of the woods icon_smile.gif

toleshed Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:30pm
post #12 of 21

Good - don't see too many from upstate

kneadacookie Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:37pm
post #13 of 21

i'll have to try some this weekend with different colors and swap out the design just for fun(like i have tons of free time). but i love this design and the possibilities

kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:39pm
post #14 of 21

I love it. Very elegant. My question for you is...how did you design it? I'd love to make my own monograms like that.

Thanks,
Kim

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:13pm
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

Very nice. Can I ask how you get those lines so straight? Just starting with this stuff

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking me how I get the lines straight in the design? This is just a "drawing" I did with MS Word. If you mean on the actual cookie, I plan to use fondant for the stripes, so getting them straight would mean first cutting them straight and then letting them dry a bit before I attach it to the cookie. I hope my answer helps you. icon_smile.gif

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:16pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwdonlon

I love it. Very elegant. My question for you is...how did you design it? I'd love to make my own monograms like that.

Thanks,
Kim

Kim--

I used MS Word to design the cookie. I used to have MS publisher and it was a lot easier, but it can be done in Word. You have to use the Drawing tool bar and play around with the different functions.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:28pm
post #17 of 21

I think it would also look lovely if you did the background in RBC and that way you could stamp the monogram and even the little design underneath it- give it a little more dimension. Or how about stamp it in , and then paint it with some liquid dust? That would add a little sheen to the monogram...very pretty! You could also use some sugarveil or chocolate to create really fancy and uniform monograms! icon_smile.gif

toleshed Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:35pm
post #18 of 21

Thank you - that is indeed what I meant. Duh! I should have known it was fondant.

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:42pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesonoccasion

I think it would also look lovely if you did the background in RBC and that way you could stamp the monogram and even the little design underneath it- give it a little more dimension. Or how about stamp it in , and then paint it with some liquid dust? That would add a little sheen to the monogram...very pretty! You could also use some sugarveil or chocolate to create really fancy and uniform monograms! icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the great suggestions cakesonoccasion! I was actually going to use chocolate candy clay for the background. And I had thought about stamping the scroll/design and painting it. great minds think alike! thumbs_up.gif

By the way, I am not very familiar with Sugarveil--is it fun/easy/satisfying to use?

cookieman Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 5:27pm
post #20 of 21

Here's what I came up with for Mother's Day (remember to click on the picture for a better view). It still needs a bit of tweaking (which will get done when I make the actual cookie.). And speaking of making cookies...I better get baking! Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and comments! icon_smile.gif
LL

kneadacookie Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:21pm
post #21 of 21

love it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%