What Recipe To Use For Ball Pan?

Decorating By scribble Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 12:37am by tracey1970

scribble Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scribble Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Ladies....I need your help..What is the best recipe to use for the Wilton Ball Pan? I have only done one before and it seemed really heavy and then, my worst nightmare.....it slide a little, and kind-of came a part in route(but I think I filled it with to much filling and I am hoping that is why). I am getting ready to do a bowling ball and could use your help.

What do you think?
Thanks!

4 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 5

I just use the cake mix extender recipe and havn't had a problem. I think that everytime that I have had a problem with sliding, it has been due to over filling.

Stephanie

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 6:23am
post #3 of 5

I just made 2 teapots with the Wilton ball pan and I used WASC. One of the cakes rose a lilttle bit more so I had to trim it down before filling it. The BC filling I used was fine but on the other I did a lemon filling... heehee I wish I woulda thought that that would be slippery! I had to stick a straw thru that teapot to stabilize it a bit. Next time, I will mix the lemon with some BC before filling. I also cut the bottom off one side so that it would stand level. Good luck with it!!

Kim

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:10am
post #4 of 5

Cake mix extender recipe works for me.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:37am
post #5 of 5

I used the recipe someone posted on here - use a box mix, add 1/3 cup softened butter, 4 eggs, and one cup milk. That makes a slightly denser cake than just a regular box mix, but it's not dry at all. It fits the ball pan perfectly. I have also used the WASC recipe, and it was great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%