Coffee Cup Cake

Decorating By wackie4u Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 4:47pm by evaruggiero

wackie4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wackie4u Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 6

Good Morning All!
I have been asked several times now how we made this cake, so I thought I would answer everyone at once.
This is a coffee cake mix that we used. We baked it is a 6X3 round pan, and yes it dripped all ove my oven! YIKES! so make sure you have something under your pan.
After the cake cooled, we turned it upside down and trimmed it to be in the shape of the coffee cup we wanted it to look like, any shape will do.
We turned it over to make sure it was the shape we wanted and then covered it with a crumb coat. We wanted it to have a rim so we made a ring of fondant and put it around the top of the cake. Then we covered it with Fondant. The ring made an nice indentation for the inside of the cup.
We placed the cake on a plastic plate that we bought at the dollar store, attached the handle that we made and painted to cup to match the plate.
We melted chocloate and white melts for the coffee look inside the cup.
The steam was make out of gum paste. We just twisted them and made sure that they had a sharp point at the bottom as we knew they were going to be stuck through a firm coffee cake. They dried over night.
The napkin was also made out of fondant. We just rolled it out, cut it into a square and decorated the sides like you see on a napkin. It was very easy to fold up and make it look like a used napkin on the plate.
It was fun and easy to do. Hope you all try and enjoy it!
HAPPY BAKING!!!!
Melody

http://www.cakecentral.com:80/cake-decorating-gallery_display_1202521.html

5 replies
butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 6

THANK YOU! I've been asked to make a tea cup cake for a party coming up and this willhelp me a great deal!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 6

thanks for sharing!!

tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 6

the orange trim around the cup matched the plate perfectly. great job!

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 6

That looks great. I have been looking for a good coffee cake mix would you mind sharing your recipe?

evaruggiero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evaruggiero Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much for sharing all this information, your cake is amazing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%